New Project Firestone

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw an ad in the local CL for vintage bikes, gave the guy a call and went out to his place today. Saw this Firestone as soon as I walked in the door and couldn't keep my eyes off of it. I got the Firestone and a set of Apes which I put on in the picture. It looks like Firestone and Rollfast made an identical bike at some point as it looks a lot like the one in this thread here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=618&p=3505&hilit=firestone#p3505 minus the tank, mine still has the bracket for it though.

Anyways The huffy I was working on, I ended up blowing a massive hole in the frame doing some welding so I guess its just a good parts bike now :p

The rear 24" rim has some damaged/missing spokes, whats the best way to go about fixing this? I would imagine the 24" spokes will be a little harder to find and since it is just a coaster brake setup I wonder if it would just be easier to get a whole new 24" rim? Anybody help me out :D

Heres the pics. Can anyone guess the approx. year. I'll get the serial number in a little bit...
firestonerat001.jpg

firestonerat003.jpg

firestonerat002.jpg

a good bike shop will have a spoke threader..... they buy blank LONG spokes and cut them to size and thread them....... should be an EASY fix.... looks sweet with the apes!!!!

Silent H said:
The rear 24" rim has some damaged/missing spokes, whats the best way to go about fixing this? I would imagine the 24" spokes will be a little harder to find and since it is just a coaster brake setup I wonder if it would just be easier to get a whole new 24" rim? Anybody help me out :D

Danscomp has good pricing on spokes ($.030 for 14g stainless) and I know they can cut them to the right length for 24" wheels. It looks like the rims are not too rusty, they might clean up nicely...

Back