'New Stingray 'occ'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok this is my first real post in the fourms so if i do something wrong just let me know..
anyway so this last weekend i got these two occ chopper 'new Stingrays'
one of them i gave to my friend.
got the both of them for just around 90 bucks not so bad that some in 'crap condition go for about $100 in my area >>
296885_196392083765285_100001834849579_519471_309877955_n.jpg

here are all the choppers
the red one i gave to my friend and the closest one is mine.
306342_196393733765120_100001834849579_519480_905629089_n.jpg

obviously the first thing i did was tare these down i stripped it down and peeled off the stickers.
oddly enough the red/pink ones were painted on, im assuming that it is an earlier model of the occ chopper but thats what my friend liked about it was the pink thing. yeah i dont know..
also the other bike with the higher bars has the kick stand spring in the center of the frame instead of how the red one and mine have it on the side for some reason, i was wondering if these are an earlier model or what cause i find it awkward :/
Got all the stickers that i wanted peeled off
312192_198870233517470_100001834849579_527236_440060922_n.jpg

316203_198869576850869_100001834849579_527231_901436585_n.jpg

what im really needing here are some new bars cause these small ones aren't cutting it..
which is really whole point of post i was wondering what bars you 'new stingray riders have or others might recommend getting.
maybe this would help..
311059_198870803517413_100001834849579_527237_1148434922_n.jpg

i would like to get some older looking stingray type 'apes like the old
something kinda like this..
popup_image.php

popup_image.php

Thanks for looking any input would be appreciated :D

Hey Iven, Hello and welcome to RatRodBikes! Glad to see yer gonna give some lovin' to the OCC . . . I think they have potential. I’m lookin’ forward to seein’ what you do with yours. 8)

These are the bars we put on our OCC build . . . These bars have a knurling in just the right places to line-up with those Schwinn double clamps.
StocktonApril2011081.jpg

BTW, you can modify yer seat base and gain almost two inches of room . . . let me know if ya want to see what I did to mine..

Yeah clearance is a big deal, I'm just a little guy and I still had to move the seat back about two and a half inches so I can peddle and turn at the same time. Have fun with this build, definitely a fun bike!

yeah i could use some extra leg room :p like what you did to the tank on your bike..
i was going to ratrod my red/pinkish one, but my friends wanted it :lol:
I would really like to know what kind of bars you have their or where you got them cause i like that style, its like just what i wanted

Josex said:
Yeah clearance is a big deal, I'm just a little guy and I still had to move the seat back about two and a half inches so I can peddle and turn at the same time. Have fun with this build, definitely a fun bike!
yeah that sure is the truth, these are fun but the bars are sooo low..
i dont know why they made them low, or why the headtube is at such a steep slope.
sure it makes turns fun but it would make the bike abit hard to ride if i put longer fork legs on it :/

it would be so much of a better frame if the tt was just like 2-1/2 inches or so longer, would almost be perfect if i may so say..

Welcome to the occ club!Heres one I built ,I streched the frame 9" and relocated the seat post back a couple inches....I made my bars from some BMX bars I just cut out the cross bar.Good luck on your build Ill be watching this one! :mrgreen:
hooligansun.jpg
hooligansun2.jpg

well the first thing im getting are some apes..
then ill get a new sprocket and pedals after that im going to build a headlight and a *Horn* airhorn to be exact :D
gotta draft up some plans for where to put it 'im thinkin between the seatpost and rear wheel would be an ideal placement..
yeah, people just love cutting cyclist off around my hood..

Here is another example of what can be done with parts of OCC Choppers.

IMG_2558.jpg

now that is one monster bike..
you could probably crush cans with that thing! haha
i was thinking about putting the old motorcycle tires off my dads bike on this build..
dont know if they are right size though. what size you guys use on your choppers?

i found a nother set out in the middle of no where when i was heading to my freinds house, they are white walls 8)

iven said:
now that is one monster bike..
you could probably crush cans with that thing! haha
i was thinking about putting the old motorcycle tires off my dads bike on this build..
dont know if they are right size though. what size you guys use on your choppers?

i found a nother set out in the middle of no where when i was heading to my freinds house, they are white walls 8)

Mine are 16" x 90mm. Some people have gone as wide as 130mm. About halfway through my Fugsley thread, you will see the measurements on a lot of tires I got free from Harley.

how did you get free tires? from the dealer ?
probably cause they were used, an they would have to get rid of them so cheaper to give away huh? haha

iven said:
how did you get free tires? from the dealer ?
probably cause they were used, an they would have to get rid of them so cheaper to give away huh? haha

Exactly. Totally free.

thats pretty kewl, those fit on unmodified stingray right?
no rim or frame modification?

more or less mod-free. an offset or a 5speed freewheel may be needed to get enough chain clearance. and longer brake arms are a must. but i assume the narrower the tires you find the less issue you will have with clearance. if you find useable tires check out kingfish's fugsley build. he has a cool trick to get the larger tires on easily.

josh_from_ga said:
more or less mod-free. an offset or a 5speed freewheel may be needed to get enough chain clearance. and longer brake arms are a must. but i assume the narrower the tires you find the less issue you will have with clearance. if you find useable tires check out kingfish's fugsley build. he has a cool trick to get the larger tires on easily.
alright thanks, i was thinking about making my own longer brake caliper arms if i had to :roll:
it would be killer to get some motorcycle tires on the sting

FatBoy said:
Welcome to the occ club!Heres one I built ,I streched the frame 9" and relocated the seat post back a couple inches....I made my bars from some BMX bars I just cut out the cross bar.Good luck on your build Ill be watching this one! :mrgreen:
hooligansun.jpg
hooligansun2.jpg
hey did you paint white walls on the stingray tires?
what kind of paint you use?

Yeah I Rattle Bombed the white walls. :mrgreen: I tried this on a bigfoot scooter I did years back and it worked great!I clean the tires with oven cleaner then spray with a few thin coats just enough to cover and it holds up great.If your tires have cracks it will stick out like a sore thumb,other than that It works really good!

Back