NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
merry xmas to me
dGVxX.jpg

thats funny,great white. today i saw the rigid fork mongoose 29er reduced because the bottle holder bolts were srtipped out at my local walmart. they're really pushing the cranbrook and delmar, too.

yep. i looked long and hard at one the other day. couldnt figure out how to sneak it into the basement without gettin caught though. :(

Xray, do you remember the name of the bike with the solid forks?

I was attracted to the 29", but was dissapointed that there was no place for an air pump on the bottom of the frame. I guess I would have to go to town with the drill & tap had I purchased one of these.

A 29er would be a great way of getting rid of two bikes, my BMX and 26er. I'm not sure if the quality would be in line with my Free Agent & Gary Fisher though.

yes, its the impasse. i believe the deception is the one with the suspension fork, although they are the same price, for some reason.

FOUND OBJECTS said:
GreatWhite00 said:
The white fork ruins it for me. I would probably get the suspension fork, even though it felt a bit soft.
Most likely you could just tighten the suspension...

Are the cheaper forks adjustable? I know the bike with the suspension fork even came in a nice flat green and a flat orange. I don't know about wheels that large though. I'm accustomed to 24"-26"s.

Big wheel theory

pro: fewer rotations per distance traveled=reduced bearing friction
lower angle of attack when climbing obstacles=less shock and loss of inertia
con: slight increase in gyroscopic effect and contact friction=more energy and distance required to initiate turns

Most people I know who ride them say the pros are noticeable and the cons are not. I haven't ridden any 29" more than a few hundred feet, helping fine-tune the gear adjustments. I've put a little more time on 28". I could feel a slight increased resistance to turning, but the stability and smooth rolling is awesome. If I was buying a new bike for transportation, I'd definitely be giving them a good looking over.

Was looking at the OP bike today. SWEET frame...the wal-mart I was at was terrible at assembling bikes though.

The OP i looked at was covered in scratches, Loose handlebars, Loose seat, and the hub was locked up.
I was going to buy one for a project im doing, but the dropouts are not wide enough.
3fed0325.jpg

Cachet with twisted bars
7a43f55c.jpg

Another "Fixed Gear"
Both freewheel and Fixed cog.

let me know if I can answer any questions for you on the OP, Vanilla. I just got one myself to play with. online, shipped to the store it was
$79 plus tax. As far as running 3 inchers, you and I are thinking alike. :D

it's a 1inch headset, 22.2 stem, 3 piece cotterless crank, 9/16th pedals, 27.2 seatpost. The head tube measures 7 inches long.

Back