new to rat rods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i've been holding on to and old sears banana seat bike, so i've decied to make it a rat rod. YAY! but i'm kinda on a tight budget. i have already made a mountain swing bike, and i'm currently working a spincycle (being painted). i was wondering how to paint my chrome rims (red), also what are the best ways to strip the paint on the bike? also where can i get these parts the cheapest? 1) ape hangers handle bars 2) 26 inch white wall tires. and if any one can tell me what are the widest set of tires i can put on my rims, the old tires i have on there now are 24 X 1.75.
P.S sorry if i posted in the wrong part.

sometimes k mart has 26" whitewalls for 9.99 each. For the rims, clothespin' says scuff 'em up and wrap foil or tape to the spokes to cover 'em from the spray. Wire wheel or auto paint stripper for the frame. As far as bars, shop around. someone listed parts suppliers on here somewhere. You can probably run 26"X2.125" tires on those rims.(Kmart) Good luck and have fun!

well i'm 17and I never really been into bikes until a few months ago i was out riding my 10speed and i saw an old sears sitting in he trash so i took it home and put some air in the tires and rode it around the block. the banana seat was really uncomfortable because in September i had gotten both of my hip replaced. woohoo!! and since then me and my dad have been going out twice a week and look for bikes that people have thrown out, some times we can find up to 7 bikes!. and we are tring to sell some of them at flea markets. its an addiction. lol this website is the coolest. also are there any biking events in Michigan?

EDIT: here is the sears bike i was talking about, sorry i didn't take a picture of it all together.
S5030132.jpg

Hey im ricky Im 16 and Yeah theres loads of events here in michigan. What flea markets you and dad sell at? Me and my dad goto dixie land on telegraph

Back