New Toy!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back with this Cruiser5 frame. Was gonna make a BIG musclebike but might just go on-off-road with this. Had some Huffy MTB rims with big ole knobbies 26X210. Cut down bent seatpost and threw some shorty fenders on. Diggin it so far!!! :D
100_0512.jpg

100_0519.jpg

make it like a "clunker" bike. they were the first mountian bikes and are starting to make a come back. do a search on google just type clunker mountian bike

It's amazing how a bunch of people just getting together to race down a hill would start an entire bike revolution. Mountain bikes got me and a whole bunch of other people back on a bicycle. You just never know what can happen when you start something.

Thank God for these guys and gals. :D

clunkers...

my daily bike is a clunker, there fun it reminds of an old flatrack bike or hillclimber. pics will be posted by this weekend. I built a few others for friends using supercycle cruiser frames and walmart suspenion mountain bikes for donor parts. these things are 'hellafun to ride!!!!!!

Long live rats n clunkers!!

xddorox said:
It's amazing how a bunch of people just getting together to race down a hill would start an entire bike revolution. Mountain bikes got me and a whole bunch of other people back on a bicycle. You just never know what can happen when you start something.

Thank God for these guys and gals. :D

yeah just last year i went out a got a new mt bike did some down hill, and tons of free ride urban stuff, then my bike got jacked and now im lookin at old ratty bikes.

Well, kinda went the opposite way with this... Not a huge handbrake fan so I went with a coaster rear. Got another springer front end and cut it down to size. Schwinn rim and tire on the front, rusty old something-or-other on the back with an OLD Firestone tire. While digging around for a goose neck, I found the original one for the Rat Rocket RRBBO bike and threw it on for now. Its the cool kind with only one bolt to tighten the neck in the steertube AND hold the bars up! I'll put it on the Rocket again soon. Wald bars schwinn comfort grips and messinger seat. A middle weight front fender on the rear and a wald shorty on the front. Rides sweet but would like to find a 2 or 3 speed rear with a coaster brake! Thanx for everyones input and I hope I did'nt tick anyone off with my change of direction! :D
100_0583.jpg

100_0584.jpg

Hey Mark,

Where'd you buy the springer?

Any trouble getting it to fit?

Thinking about finding one for my 67 Coppertone Typhoon.

100_2582.jpg

got it apart right now, waitin til i get some shorty fenders worth paintin before i actually paint the whole thing, and still tryin to figure out how to go bout the shifter i got in mind for it too. otherwise its gonna be pretty simple, just paint and bolt ons. keepin the 5 speed drive stuff on it since its for me mudder. i can take pics of the junk pile its currently in though if you like :D

bicycledesigner.com about 30 bucks before shipping. Not too hard to install but they purposely make the threaded steer tube too long. I just put it on the bike, threaded an old top bearing thing on and hacksawed it straight across the top. When you take the old bearing thing off it cleans up the threads!! You can also take the spring out to rake it out but steering is kinda funky! This is the same type of springer flip ( :D ) thats on the Rat Rocket. I highly recommend them!!

There's an old Schwinn shop down here and the guy has an import springer, but he's asking too much. He also has a repop Schwinn springer...again, too expensive.

The interesting thing he also has is several different sized of threaded tubes to swap out with the springers to make them fit. Not sure what he wants for them, but I'm guessing too much...ha ha!

Yep!! I'd get the bearing set too cause it comes with bearing cups and all the threaded goodies too if the schwinn cups wont work. Just tap out the old ones and bang in the new!! The bent springer looked tempting til I rode a bike with one...the frame kinda "flippin flops" when ya turn...

Back