Newbie in AZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the site, and to the bike world for the most part. I have been in the military (Air Force) for the past 8 years and some change, and am currently stationed in Tucson AZ. I am from TX, been stationed in NM, TX, and AZ, also been to the desert. I plan on moving back to NM after getting out. I grew up riding BMX and Mountain bikes, but nothing special. I recently decided to start riding a bike to an from work to save on gas and to keep up on being in shape. I bought a stock Puma GTS strech 26" beach cruiser in blue. The first thing i did was take all the stupid stickers off of it and buffed the paint to a real nice gloss. The bike shop I got it from threw in some ape hangers with some chome and black grips. I took the white walls off and went with some black walls. Then I put some handle bars of a Harley (that I had painted black). So far thats it. I have great plans for the bike. I just couldn't see myself ridding something off the shelf at Wal-Mart that everyone else has in one of the 4 color options. I wanted something that was already pretty different and that I could customize as I went along. I will be posting pictures in the build section as soon as I get them up loaded.

~Slimy

hi, im new to the forum and bikes as well. I got out of the AF in feb. looks like you like being in deserts :D

Yeah, you know, something about that ungodly hot, dry heat.... & lack of anything green! HA! Nah it's not bad. I've got used to it now. I like hot weather and I like it better with no humitity. Welcome to the forums, I've looked around a lot in here, and seems pretty cool. From what I've seen everyone is helpful and full of great ideas. These types of custom bikes are awsome, and the guys on here make them that much better.

Back