Newest finds 7-29 update page 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just going to keep everything in one thread from now on to make it easier

Picked all three of these up yesterday, how cool are these trikes?

Big Ross trike with 20" front tire, solid rubbers. I have a replacement front wheel (in the left of the picture) also came with real nice torrington block pedals. Skiptooth! Has torrington bars too. Me and my dad are going to restore this one and display it.

trike1.jpg

trike2.jpg

trike3.jpg

trike4.jpg

Nice Mercury trike, just gonna get a good cleaning and display it.

trike5.jpg

trike7.jpg

trike6.jpg

Old schwinn skiptooth, all original, just missing front fender. Crappy repaint

schwinn1-1.jpg

schwinn2-1.jpg

schwinn3.jpg

schwinn4.jpg

schwinn5.jpg

Re: Newest finds 5-21 Pics up!

ive got a mercury trike too !!

but that skip-chain drive tricycle is AWESOME !!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

Re: Newest finds 5-21 Pics up!

Few more finds.

First is a 1990 Schwinn Criss Cross I found in the garbage on the way to work a few weeks ago. Sorry for the crappy before pic (Ignore the mess, were still organizing!)

cc1.jpg

I started fixing it up for my Uncle whos looking for a bike. I think someone swapped the bars out since the shifter cables wouldn't reach, plus it had 2 completely different brake levers. So grabbed a couple parts bikes and this is what I came up with later...she cleaned up well. Not quite done yet.

scc2.jpg

scc1.jpg

And heres 2 that I traded the scrap guy some junk metal shelves for:

26" MENS (I always get womens bikes so im excited haha) Murray Le Mans 3 speed, will clean up very nice

lemans1.jpg

lemans2.jpg

And a 26" murray mountain bike, both should be easy flips

murray.jpg

Re: Newest finds 5-31 New Bikes

Those trikes and the old schwinn with the planes and trains head badge is AWESOME Tony 8)

Re: Newest finds 5-31 New Bikes

Picked up 3 more bikes this weekend, 2 matching mens 26" Sears bikes, a 3 spd (black) and 5 spd (green) And a 26" mens Free Spirit 10 speed, paid $11 for all 3! Only have pics of the black one (after cleaning) I'll get pics of the other 2 tomorrow.

sears3.jpg

sears4.jpg

sears5.jpg

Re: Newest finds 6-2 New Bikes

And heres a bad picture of the other Sears bike I got with the black one. I didn't feel like dragging it out of the garage. Its a 27" 5 speed. Unfortunately the back wheel has a bad flat spot and its not savable, so I'm holding off on selling it until I find a new wheel. This ones even cleaner than the black one (This is an after shot, no before pics)

sears1-1.jpg

Re: Newest finds 6-6 update

Well I haven't bought any bikes in almost a month! I've been looking but if it wasn't a great deal I'd pass on it, it just got out of hand for a while there. I have a lot more room in the garage (which isn't saying much haha)

Decided to ride my bike to the post office today, and took the back roads. Saw a garage sale sign so I glanced down the street and saw this tandem out front. Hit the brakes and swung by. How much for the old bike? $40. I'll take it, can you hold it while I get my truck. Set a land speed record riding home and got it. Looks all original except the front tire and rear grips. Not in the greatest shape, but a good deal I think.

Oh, and I never made it to the post office 8)

1-14.jpg

2-11.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

Re: Newest finds 6-26 update

So the serial number is EA on the rear dropout, is that 1965? (I don't like that other site so hopefully someone here knows :D )

The front bars are Schwinn but not dated, the rear bars are Schwinn 1972.

Theres 2 holes in the rear fender, I wonder if it had an "S" reflector at some point and was replaced with a circle one later on.

All of the bolts are "AS" which makes me believe that 65 is right.

fast eddie said:
im in the process of rebuilding one of those right now, gettin closer to finishing up the easier parts. gonna have to start on the wheels and crank assemblies soon.
fast eddie outty

Cool I'd love to see some pics if you have them

Got this Nov. 68 Fastback today. My first ever coppertone schwinn. Poor shape but its cleaning up pretty nice, all original bike minus the rear tire. I already tore it all the way down and cleaned everything, threw on a general brigader whitewall slick on the back that I had laying around, need a new front tire though. I have a fender that looks like an original, but I'm almost liking it without the front fender, kind of hot rod looking, especially with a blackwall in front.

fb1.jpg

fb2.jpg

fb3.jpg

Progress so far: Stripped it down to nothing, cleaned everything including bearings and regreased them. Also straightened the sissy bar.

fb5.jpg

fb4.jpg

Latest posts

Back