Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We wouldn't have had skirt guards if not for step through bikes.
1691111769191.png

Because of the priest gown when women were aloud to ride bikes they choose them because of dresses in Denmark men use step through bikes really when you think about more practical when doing shopping and stuff I have a gazelle that actually has footpegs for kids to ride on the rear rack. I have to stop before @Captain Awesome tells me to get help 😂 again
We all need help... 🤪

We wouldn't have had skirt guards if not for step through bikes.
View attachment 244822
Back in high school, I always thought skirt guards were those chaperones that would walk up and make us step back from the girl we were slow dancing with...

Last edited:
Because of the priest gown when women were aloud to ride bikes they choose them because of dresses in Denmark men use step through bikes really when you think about more practical when doing shopping and stuff I have a gazelle that actually has footpegs for kids to ride on the rear rack. I have to stop before @Captain Awesome tells me to get help 😂 again
Sorry if ya seen this but I thought priest's in other countries other than Australia got around on these sort of bikes!

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?
It's a Deviate Tension chopper frame. I bought the bike complete, and then piled most of the parts in the "donate" box. These were built for a couple years by Nirve, back in the day. Deviate was sort of a side project to sell at sporting goods stores and military PX's, from what I gather.

I'm kind of thinking along Dave 'Gowjobs' line of thought....fattie muscle. Kind of like my body these days. :21:

My first MBBO and second build off ever, was way back in the Fall of 2015, right after BO 10. Today I took the Shelby Woody Flyer for a neighborhood spin, and tried out my regular phone camera in a handlebar mount.

IMG_20151109_121030.jpg

News at 10....

I already spent 10 bucks! Cranks, BB, and chainwheel with pedals. The parts are adding up and still more than 3 weeks to start. I see already a problem. I can't use a rear suspension with a coaster brake so back to the drawing board before I even start. At least nothing was cut up and added to the scrap pile.
05 Aug 23 parts2.jpg
05 Aug 23 parts.jpg

WOW, I gotta get used to your guys dates, southern hemisphere use the day first then the month with the year last! so to me 9/1/23 looks like 9th of January....which is gone ha ha ha ! I did start making something today, I couldnt help it, its a bmx with leftovers from the "Direction Unknown" project!, it only came with one crank and the chains so rusted it can move so I put together what I could, I found an old set of cheap as chips triple tree forks, matched to a 20" rim, old style goose neck and those pink bars.
I might still stretch this a wee bit, ive coasted around the yard without pedals and its actually quite a nice ride position so it may very well get the same style chop n stretch as "Direction Unknown " but with 20" wheels....which will rule it out of the build off so...Hmmmm I might just keep going with this LOL!

PXL_20230805_082920852.jpg

Back