Next Victim Stretch (Now Rideable)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm bored again. Happen to have two more unloved Schwinn's in my arsenal. This one is a I think 70's Speedster . I tried one time before to put a coaster, some black alloy wheels with stainless spokes, and some 26 x 1.75 tires on it and run it on c/l. This is the only bike I have ever gotten people writing saying it wasnt worth $125 and they could get one and build the same bike cheaper. I finally pulled it and took the stuff off of it. I think its a real candidate for a 6'' STRETCH. I know that I can come up with something that should look cool.....maybe another bar.....maybe another curved bar....who knows this time I may get a little more creative. So its in the hopper, my bandsaw has a new blade,and my welder has a new 10pound spool of wire....so watch for upcoming progress.

speedster003.jpg

speedster004.jpg

Re: Next Victim Stretch

Ok this will be my second tease for the night. I found a picture of a bike....I may not be able to match it but I'm going to try. I hope that what little talent I have helps me transform this unloved Schwinn into this bike. We will see.

fdbdown.jpg

This is turning into sort of a special entertainment segment on this forum. :lol:

Looking forward to this one as well.

by the looks of that bike you want to create,im guessing you bought that pipe bender! :D this ought to be fun! :lol:

I have a pipe bender ,but I never heard anybody say if the other ones work good or not. I'm pretty sure that I can build that bike . Not sure how it will look but Hey I'm up for a challenge. There will be so little on the schwinn that I can use ,I'm switching to a roadmaster frame that is trashed for build parts. I'll save the Schwinn for another where it will be just a stretch. So slowly ,but surely I'm getting ready for this one. It will be another partnered with Mark/Kram. Give us a couple days to work out the details and then the build is on. :wink:

Sounds like you got a good plan. I think I will sit back watch and have some popcorn.

Nope its a twin bar that I dug out of my trash pile. It has a big cut in the front of the down tube and a dummie welded the seatpost in . All fixable but not really worth it.

donerframe001.jpg

donerframe002.jpg

My jig is really minimal. For this build I really need just the neck and that is all .If you use a frame and then cut off the parts that you dont want.....most everything....you will still have your neck in the right place and lined up like you need too. It will give you the size your going for. You can build a bike that is not rideable if your not careful. If you work within the confines of an actual frame you can lengthen parts and stretch parts and it will still be the same ,but just modified. If you get carried away you can add too much rake really easy and the front tire will flop instead of turn. Some people know the limits...I have had to learn through trial and error. I picked up the schedule 40 ...3/4 pipe today so its getting closer to a reality. :lol:

makes sense to me, but you should be all right with the rake :wink:

that seat post is crazy, should be interesting to see :D

mark and I both decided that one of those hairpin Indian reproduction seats would really fit perfect. The thin seat post ...I will have to discuss with some fabricator friends of mine if it can be made and maybe hardened enough to work with that small diameter rod and not bend. :shock:

Back