Nice day for picking..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up today at the scrap yard by my house. First time actually venturing back and low and behold what do I find. I believe its a Murray built 20" girls frame just not sure year or brand. Originally a dark blue, a small piece of the blue sparkle seat left on sissy bar. Not a bad pick, what do you guys think? Any help on identifying this frame would be much appreciated.
IMG_2691.jpg
IMG_2690.jpg
IMG_2688.jpg
IMG_2687.jpg
IMG_2694.jpg

By the reaction of the worker, I think Im the first picker, in a while, or ever to look through their yard. I got invited back when they found out what I do. The look on his face when I turned down a Schwinn Stingray Chopper for $30 and bought this one instead was priceless. Ill be heading back for a Team Murray Supercharged BMX frame and fork.

Don't take this the wrong way, but why did you buy this old thing from the 70s and turn down a Stingray Chopper? Shoulda been the reverse :|

Anyway, It will interesting to see what becomes of this old gal.

Haha, yeah, I know. $30 was a steal. He also had an OCC Chopper in good condition for $60 and a beach cruiser and said $100 would take all three home. But when it came down to it, gas money is my priority right now, so $8 sounded even better. I live three houses away from the scrap yard so Ill be sitting on this one until the time is right. Like I mentioned, Im the only picker in the area so they gave me the "anytime you're looking for something" invite. Sounds good to me. I should start work on this one in a week or so. First Im finishing my Slow-Rodder, to be re-named upon completion.

*Correction, I think the other was a West Coast Chopper.

The crank does have the holes in the center like it was for a spaceliner hub cap. No idea what the bike is though.

I have a similar 1967 Murray Wildcat you can use for parts if you want.
It will be at the Indy show this Saturday.
001-19.jpg

Back