Nice n crusty * It rides again*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   1
Found this in a South Memphis alley!
Prewar Huffman badged as a Western Flyer.

Check out these Torrington bars. Super wide (26") with maybe a 1" rise.

Cool octogon glass reflecter.

And has anyone seen a torpedo mounted inside the front wheel?

Has a '30's Memphis bicycle plate as a bonus

Believe it or not...there's still some paint left on the light, and it still works! (EA Labs front load)
Tore the bike down to bare frame in 30 minutes. Most of it came apart super easy. Only had to cut 2 bolts, one for the light mount, and the one bolt holding the chain guard on. I was even able to save the fender screws!

Very nice revival!
I too, would like to know what methods you used to get this original paint to pop again?
Acid bath?
Goofoff?
Or just a lot of elbow grease with cleaners?

And those cremes look great!

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

I really didn't think there was going to be any og paint worth saving. Used paint stripper, The black started to peel almost instantly. Once I saw how much red was actually left, I decided to save it. I wiped the stripper off as soon as the black started to peel, re applied only to the areas where it remained. I left some of the black because I liked the look, and the red wasn't perfect anyway. After a soap and water bath, I wiped it down with boiled linseed oil, and buffed it with a rag after I let the oil soak in and dry up a bit.

Schweeet!! Back from the grave!!:rockout:

Back