Nirve Cannibal/Switchblade help please!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am restoring a Nirve Switchblade. I just picked up the frame from the powder coater, it looks great. The original paint was in extremely poor condition as was the rest of the bicycle.

While the frame was being done my girlfriend decided to do some house cleaning and moved the bike parts around. During this process she managed to loose the 4 small bolts that (2) mount the chain guard to the frame, and (2 other bolts) mount the rear fender to the frame. After a thorough house search they are nowhere to be found.

I now need to replace them, but I also need to tap the powder coat out of the mounting holes first.

Can someone please let me know the proper bolt size and thread pitch for these 4 bolts?

There is too much powder coat in the frame holes to get a good read on either the bolt size or the thread pitch.

Thanks for your help!

I would suggest searching the site for a current owner of one and send them a message. If they don't have a thread gauge, they could take one of those bolts to Home Depot and determine the size
I no longer have my Cannibal, so unfortunately I cannot help.
Good luck

Just tapped them out, now gotta run and find some M5 x .8 stainless bolts.

Thanks again!

bad-kitty-A_zps0e69b501.jpg

badkittysidelogosmall_zps78a174c0.jpg

Back