Nitro Rail (w/ Discount Promo Codes)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, but...

This is a NitroRail.... Which does it more closely resemble?
#1:
paynetfda.jpg

A top fuel dragster, or...
#2:

A Bilenky Chuck Wagon?

I understand what you're trying to with the bike, and it's a very nice design. I like it. I do believe that, compared to any other production bike, it looks more like a top fuel dragster than all the rest. But, if I were to drop a grand on one, I wouldn't feel inclined to race it. I'd just find ways to strap a platform on it, so I could use it to go grocery shopping, or to haul lumber. B/c it looks more "cargo" than "drag", to me.
Now we are getting somewhere #1 is the way we are looking to go, we are also working very hard to get the price down. The SHIMANO hub, shifter and 203mm rotor eat up over $250.00, the bike frame is mandrel bent with a polished SS draglink and Hiem joints. This is the first production run and we will get the price down. So the bike was very expensive to build. We already have the price down to $777.00. Thanks for your feed back, TRYING VERY HARD TO MAKE IT HAPPEN CAPTAIN

The price doesn't seem especially high for a limited production "niche" bike. Personally not interested in the type, but hope it goes well. Always good to have choices.

I'm with Crash on this one. I also saw it in Sky Mall a few weeks ago and had to laugh.
Most of the comments here relate to the similarities to a cargo bike, but that isn't how they are marketing it. They market the name in relation to drag racing and made a bogus claim to be "the first". I don't think there's any relationship between an elitist attitude and simply trying to set the record straight.
Hello Cee Bee
Thanks for your thoughts, just joined the site. We are trying to go after the drag racing market (Dragster). After we built the bike we went for a ride in the streets and people went nuts, also took it to the dragstrip and got the same results, top fuel dragsters are long just like the Nitro Rail and don't carry cargo. Now that we are seeing the feed back and getting compared to a cargo bike, we will go down that road as well. We are a father and son team and now have developed a QD (quick Diconect) system that use three attachments. The DUDESTER pet carrier/cargo carrier, front low mounted child seat and a race body. All interchangeable in seconds with no tools. This whole deal started out to be completely designed for kids and the COOL FACTOR, but it's grabbing attention from all ages. The Micro Rail is for the little guys. Hope to have cleared up your thoughts. Just having fun building my sons future. Go to ajbuilt.com to see we just don't build bikes.

Thanks man

Looks like a better bike for a cargo platform than a bike to look cool on. They have some accessories planned including a kiddie carrier and flatbed w/rails.

Reminds me of the Bilenky Cargo bike

DSC06469.jpg
Please see my post to bicycle808, thanks man enjoy. Just having fun building stuff with my son...

To me the top looks too much like a BMX bike. I think to make it look more like a dragster you would have to make it look more like a muscle bike. This is a quick 10 minute sketch I drew. Not to scale and not perfect but I think you'll get where I'm at with this. Yes the rake on the seat post and steer tube is different. You thoughts and opinions???
0131151448a.jpg

Last edited:
The super small front wheel concerns me a bit. Great on new pavement but I would hate to meet a pothole of any size. This bike is for kids right?

Back