Not a Bike...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Now what can I do with this...[insert evil laugh here] Got a good deal so I couldn't pass it up. Any other gear heads using the bottle?

577f6830.jpg

I remember those set ups from my days racing my 87 Buick GN.

Actually, I don't remember them because I used them, I remember the Mustang guys using them and still getting beat. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
I remember those set ups from my days racing my 87 Buick GN.

Actually, I don't remember them because I used them, I remember the Mustang guys using them and still getting beat. :lol:

Yeah, the GN's are pretty sweet. A friend of mine has one that has had lots of extras added on. It is a rocket indeed. But he also has a Shelby and a Charger along with many other muscle cars.

But I guess I'm gonna be stuck putting it on my slow Mustang. :mrgreen:

IMG_0513.jpg

It's like you're reading my mind Steve! The engine in my car is a bone stock 351W 2bbl (it was "freshened up" several years ago with new bearings and rings). I have a 4 bbl setup to put on and I figure I'll do it all at once. From the research I've done, it seems that I should be ok as long as I stick to the 50 HP shot and don't push it up to the 100 level. Either way, I am going to be terrified the first time I arm the system.

We had a guy in our Buick club that was running a HUGE twin turbo set up on his GN and the turbos were monsters.

During one of his passes one of the turbos failed and grenaded and shot a chunk of the turbo housing through the hood of the car.

It left about a 4" diameter hole through the hood and it was just like you'd see in a cartoon where the triangular edges of the hole were all curved over.

I prefer mine "Blown"
n1187505946_30148652_3385.jpg

Danimal said:
Yeah, I think you have a few more horsepower than me :shock: . Great looking ride man!

Whats a couple hundred..LOL Mine is not exactly fuel efficient not made for the long cruise.. It's to loud shakes to much and runs a bit hot other than that it's a blast. :wink:

Just make sure your engine can handle Nitrous Oxide. So many people try to put NOS to a stock engine and blow it sky high because they don't know any better and they watched "The Fast and Furious" one too many times. For the money it is a great power adder but so are headers, exhaust, cam, intake, a simple air filter, or a turbo / supercharger...And with those you don't have to pay out the nose to re-fill the bottle.

Oh I know it's lots to consider. A stock motor can handle a 50hp shot, and I won't push it beyond that.

But for $200 I had to buy it!!!

Well I was kinda talking from experience... :oops: Long story short, I had a '91 Nissan Maxima back when F&F came out and I blew it up with a 250 shot. :? Car puked it's guts out all over state road 213. :shock: I still miss that car. :cry:

outskirtscustoms said:
Well I was kinda talking from experience... :oops: Long story short, I had a '91 Nissan Maxima back when F&F came out and I blew it up with a 250 shot. :? Car puked it's guts out all over state road 213. :shock: I still miss that car. :cry:

250 SHOT!?!? :shock: Yep, that will do it...

There are a few things you should probably do to the motor.. First off do a compression test on the motor making sure the heads are sealed up good.. any leaks will blow it up for sure.. synthetic oil is a must..Make sure you have a good fuel pump and run High octane fuel , New cap and rotor and wires..run a cooler plug..Say a prayer and hit it..LOL Good luck. :wink:

Latest posts

Back