Nothing special... 11 of them.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got a call yesterday that someone had some bikes for me, they said "about 10" but I've heard that before and it's usually 5 or 6, turns out this lady doesn't exaggerate, she had 11. Mostly just Walmart Junk, but the Huffy on top is USA and in decent shape. 3 of the bikes have plastic "mag" wheels, which I always like to have.

pile.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice haul!

Thanks, all of them are complete, there are flat tires and rusty chains, but surprisingly any of them, with a little work, could be riders again. Maybe I need more kid's tall bikes... :mrgreen:

I wouldnt wast my time with those cheap bike, i pass um in the trash all the time here, Not worth the time to pick um up!

yearz said:
I wouldnt wast my time with those cheap bike, i pass um in the trash all the time here, Not worth the time to pick um up!
for a kid with out a bike one of those fixed up and ready to ride will widen theres eyes for sure :shock: .. nice haul and if anything parts parts parts.. :mrgreen:

As long as it's free I pick up EVERY free bike I can find. If nothing else it gives me an excuse to go to the scrapyard and a little money to spend there on something more to my liking. :mrgreen:

yearz said:

Waste not, want not ....
But then again not everyone is into picking up and using everything...

yearz said:

It's already been said but with little time and efforts, some if not all of those can be put back on the road and donated to a kid who otherwise may not have a bike. I know it's not for everyone but it is a great way to give a little back to the less fortunate.

Some don't realize that I fix up bikes for needy kids and keep parts to fix bikes that kids already have. This was a great haul for me, may look like junk to others, but it's just the junk I need.

Around here I can't be picky, and being picky only loses you the next phone call when they actually uncovered something decent.

I've already aired up the tires on a couple of these and my son has been test riding them around the yard.

free is alwasy good.. I started my bike building in japan as a kid pulling bikes from the trash of people
who had xfer out..

I pick bikes thrown out to the curb for the trash truck all the time. I sell about 80% and the rest I either give away or scrap (after taking good parts off). You can just imagine how wasteful some are!

GregsGarage said:
I pick bikes thrown out to the curb for the trash truck all the time. I sell about 80% and the rest I either give away or scrap (after taking good parts off). You can just imagine how wasteful some are!

Most bikes I get from the trash just need air in the tires. The other week I brought home 3 girls bikes from a trash pile beside the road, all were aired up and ready to ride.

I pass on the little kids bikes as well.. I see them at the dump all the time..I just move them to the side ..Hopefully someone will pick them up..I got tired of fixing them up to give em away..I did enjoy giving them away ..but now I only take what I can ride..LOL...

I dont pick up cheap crap, i go threw the alleys here every day sometimes twice a day i always find somthing worth picking up... i focus i the good stuff...not china made junk! and thats why im the best....lol

yearz said:
I dont pick up cheap crap, i go threw the alleys here every day sometimes twice a day i always find somthing worth picking up... i focus i the good stuff...not china made junk! and thats why im the best....lol

Yeah, you already mentioned this on the last page. :|

Latest posts

Back