Now With Full Write-Up - The Third Bike (pic heavy)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FULL REPORT ON PAGE 2

In a previous thread (see link) I had promised pics of my third build. Well, I just got her done and here she is.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10454

Bagged_on_bridge.jpg

Grass_Side.jpg

HornFront.jpg

Street_Back.jpg

Sandler.jpg

Street_Quarter.jpg

Top_Bridge.jpg

Top_Grass.jpg

sky.jpg

This build was a super budget build that started with a $20.00 Schwinn New World.
Some of the cheapo features of the build are:
* $ 5.00 Pannier Bags
* $ 29.99 Butchered and Laced Hairpin Saddle
* Shellaced Grips Made From Strips of Grocery Store Paper Bag
* $14.00 Wald Rack Fitted to Front Fork
* $ 3.00 Top Tube Protector Made From a Thrift Store Leather Belt
* $17.00 Handlebars Made From Chopped Cruiser Bars
Total Build Cost = $128.00

Re: The Third Bike (pic heavy)

Wow thats cool, and I am so stealing that horn idea! Beautiful.

Holy cow, that looks great! I love the absolutely massive seat and you nailed the style of handlebars I've been looking for. I think I'm going to have to make myself a set.

Very nice.That horn set up is super trick.Love the whole thing.

I don't think you know what type of mark you have made with those bags..you have to show us how you connected them to the rack please.

FaceOFFbikes said:
I don't think you know what type of mark you have made with those bags..you have to show us how you connected them to the rack please.

If you look closely at the seventh pic you can see that they are attached with a set of P-Clips. I haven't secured the back of the bags to the rack yet but I will be punching a whole in each back and run some shoe string to loop around the rack legs to keep the bags from flopping around. The only problem with this set up is that it takes a bit of work to put the bags on and take them off.

Borlaxx said:
That seats awesome, where'd ya get it?

I ordered it from Rideable Bicycle Replicas. It was originally dark brown. I sanded it down, coated it with shellac, butchered it and laced it up. I read online that shoe makers used to coat leather shoes with shellac. It is holding out pretty well so far.

Back