Now With Full Write-Up - The Third Bike (pic heavy)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Third Bike (pic heavy)

hats off to your imagination! i look at the more angular frames and draw a blank, but you've made something beautiful out of it. darned decent photography, too.

and now i know what to do with those ridiculously huge cruiser handlebars in my pile. and after i steal that idea...

Thanks again for all of the replies. This build was done for a anonymous build off on another site and I will post the full write-up here once the ballots have been casted and builder names have been revealed.

Beautiful bike. Lots of nice details. The horn and all the leather are perfect.

What can I say that hasn't been said already.......

A very sweet, thoughtful, detailed build! I am most definitely NOT a lightweight fan, but your bike makes me just gawk. Thanks, and enjoy!

Re: The Third Bike (pic heavy) Now With Full Write-Up

As promised, here is the full write-up on the Sissy Porteur Schiwnn
She was built for a build-off competition on another site that still has not been judged. The goal of the build was to create a bike with a $149.00 overall budget.

Page_001.jpg

Page_002.jpg

Page_003.jpg

Page_004.jpg

Page_005.jpg

Page_006.jpg

Page_007.jpg

Page_008.jpg

Page_009.jpg

Page_010.jpg

Page_011.jpg

Page_012.jpg

Page_013.jpg

Wow
Im Not Really Into Bikes Like This But I Think You Just Got Me Interested.
The Grips And Bags Look Awesome

Very nice write up. That will definately put you in contention. The seat modification is something I may do. I have one of those seats that is deformed.

Say Hi to Pastorbob(PastorRat ) from his friends here.

wha is the name of the tape you use and where do ya find it. been looking for something like it. thanks

Outlaw 8)

Very nicely done up bike and write up it liike like you spent alot more on it than you acctuley did. Good luck on the contest and keep us posted on the outcome.

that's one great looking bike on the cheap! love the finish on it and those
grips look crazy! really nicely done. simple and smart looking with classy, classic styling.

Back