Okay, should I do this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those should all work as long as you get pick the right options, which I imagine you know.

My advice (works on any bike you plan on riding) is to get it home, grease all the bearings especially the bottom bracket. Reassemble and take it for a ride. Adjust things like seat and bars to fit you. Ride it for a few days while you get a feel for what needs to be updated first. My guess would be the rear hub or the whole wheel if you're not up for lacing a wheel. Cruising needs to be comfortable but should be reliable too. Doing things a little at a time also allows you to get the best parts you can and then save up some more for the next piece. Keep all your bikes too. I wish I still had the first couple I had in my youth.

Carl.

If you were in the States, I’d give you a frame.

I think you’re heading in the right direction.
Remember, this may be your first build, but it probably won’t be the last....[emoji16]

Learn as much as you can on this one, ride it, enjoy it and advance yourself and your collection from there.

In addition, you’ve got access to hundreds of guys on here who will be more than happy to lend advice along the way.

Hit me up anytime, I’m always happy to help out.

Cheers,
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back