Old Eastern European bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to go to Bulgaria for a few weeks. I like to poke around antique shops and such there. Any idea if there would be any interesting bike stuff to find there? I'm thinking old lights, bells, seats. I've been there a number of times, but not since I got back into bikes. A websight says that Bulgaria has six bicycle manufacturers: Cross, Leader-96, Maxcom, Robifir Bike, Velomania and Balkanvelo. I would expect that there might be cold war age bikes from other Eastern Countries. In general, some Bulgarian manufacturing is good, but some isn't. We'll see.

WWI era Bulgarian Bike pictures. If they post right....

BulgarianBikes.jpg

1_7959789cf699056942f3019c5faa21fb.jpg

I saw some sick stuff in Hungary, but everything in some sort of condition was in the museum, but then i didn't find any appropriate shops... .... I would've liked to find something... I posted some pictures a while back from the museum, but I'm afraid someone willl have to search them for me as i'm usng the phone... Long story...

Back