Old Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
05c7984d0af86b54943f05d8bcbb7f0f.jpg
35187de83111cb01620524785a6b4588.jpg
c24ee104f6498794349688bec55beef2.jpg

Picked this up last weekend from original owner. The model has worn off the chain guard. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bike! It's a 63 to 67 model, the years Schwinn offered coppertone as a color. It could be one of several models. The serial number is on the left dropout, that will narrow it down to the year it mas made. From there, a look at the catalogs may show the model, going by the features. I'll bet it shines up well, Schwinn was known for good quality paint.
It looks like the front fender was changed out way back when sometime, it's longer and the braces aren't Schwinn. It looks like it matches up well though. The rims aren't Schwinn, which could be a plus, you have standard size tires to choose from if you change them out. The handle grips were changed also, they look like an old Huffy type of grips.

That look like a 66 Schwinn panther based on the chrome Guard and the slim line tank tabs under the top bar. I would guess the serial number has a second letter that is a B.

Back