Old Skool Kool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Old Skool Kool ""Mockup Almost Done""

I got lots done yesterday. Painted the flame tips, cleaned up a crank and put it in, mounted pedals, handlebars, stem, headlight, valve stem caps, seat and post and wheels. Today I put the wood tank in and mounted the lucky "13" numbers. I am mostly done for now. I do have a few more ideas but they may take away from the look of the bike. More to come afer the weekend, going to the lake to relax.

IMG-20120727-02035.jpg

I found these valve stem caps in a box of old parts I had lying around. I forgot I had them.
IMG-20120727-02036.jpg

The flames by the chain needed a little bend to miss the chain and crank arm. Lots of room now.
IMG-20120727-02037.jpg

The springer with the extra welding is nice and strong now. It works good.
IMG-20120727-02038.jpg

I had this headlight for a while and now have a use for it. The bars may be changed to a pair of black ones like these. I will after the weekend. The grips are Britannia repops from England, very nice and soft.
IMG-20120727-02039.jpg

I mocked it up with this nice old long spring saddle but may change it to a double pan Persons if I have time to redo the vinyl top. When I got the saddle it had a lot of blue paint on it. Hard to get it off.
IMG-20120727-02040.jpg

Gibson aluminum pedals in almost perfect shape. These were first made around 1915 and in 1923 they were pattented and marked so by CCM. I have 5 pairs of the 1923 ones and 1 pair of the 1915 ones, no markings on them.

IMG-20120727-02041.jpg

WOW!!!!

That was fast and it turned out fantastic!

Way cool bike and truck.
Make sure you take some photos with a light background so that you can show off them flames!!!!!

Latest posts

Back