Oldest Schwinnn recorded in history

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the bike was made on Friday, May 17, not the 19th as the seller states. That was a Sunday. :roll: Gary

necessaryevil said:
But what a lousy layout and pics.

A lot of those Schwinn guys seem to lack computer skills. At least, that's my impression from the Schwinn forum.

icyuod2 said:
actually everytime i see a serial number online i think to myself "are u nuts?"
thats not info you should offer to the public.

"hello police, my bike was just stolen. its a red 1963 stingray, serial number blah blah blah, i think i just saw the bike on ebay" :)
now your stuck proving the bike isn't mine. :)

More like I am stuck proving you just committed fraud, and would have fun seeing to it that you got put in a cell with Bubba. :)

With a new model like the stingray, you would think the factory would keep the first one, or know exactly who got it. I'll bet one of the designers or builders there acquired the first one.

He should of never stated the reserve. I think it took the passion and excitement away causing the price to stall.

It will probably be sold as contact info is clearly listed.

Rat Rod said:
Man...only $700 shy of the reserve.
:lol: i think the fact that his reserve was "known" had a lot of jokers bumping to get to see the $'s up there.

i just wonder how many mom and pop bike/antique/consignment/resale shops will be asking 5,000 for their stingrays now :lol:

If there's a next round...I hope he hires someone to shoot photography of the bike and list it professionally.

I flitter back and forth from this site and the Schwinn site. I have a love-hate relationship with the other site as it was the catalyst for me getting back into this crazy hobby. Man, whatta difference between the two of you. Here, you can breath freely without the thought police on your tail checking every word.

Regarding that stingray, every time someone started a thread on that bike over there, the Mods would snuff it out. For criminy's sake, the bike is a SCHWINN!!!!! Hello!!! The more coverage the better, right??

To tell the truth, if you set a reserve, you should never divulge the amount. It just defeats the purpose.

Me, I'd give the bike to Barret-Jackson. There's lots of cars that are auctioned off to charity and get BIG BUCKS. Why couldn't he do the same thing? If Jay Leno reportedly spent $10 grand for a NOS Krate, I'm sure this historic 63 1/2 could command more.

Spin

Back