One-Liner.... Now in FINISHED BIKES thread !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool flames on that fender extension, but something is bugging me about how straight it is from the side view.
I am interested in 'ducktailing' it a bit, but there is a brace / mount under the back end that would be troublesome. Also, it messes with the flame pieces, they are fragile and I found that out just manipulating it while I was mounting it. Mind you, my seat will be back over the fender some too so maybe it will take your eye off the straightness....:21:

Troxel seat again. They must have made every seat imaginable back in the day.

That green seat on the Huffy is a Troxel high back bucket as well. Semi precious muscle bike treasure. That would have been added to the Huffy I think.

I never thought of picking up leather that way!!

The flames are a nice touch, Fender and tank. Great ideas OJ.

Would love to see the 2 of you guys out shopping for purses..:giggle:..that is a great idea though..:thumbsup:

That green seat on the Huffy is a Troxel high back bucket as well. Semi precious muscle bike treasure. That would have been added to the Huffy I think.
Would love to see the 2 of you guys out shopping for purses..:giggle:..that is a great idea though..:thumbsup:
Hahahah what a sight we'd be fighting over the rattlesnake handbag...

Seat option #3 on the way from Shakesbeer. Custom lay back seat post on the way from @slowriderz . Got the BACK40 stained yesterday in beautiful 60 degree MN May weather.....

IMG_20160516_144427.jpg
IMG_20160516_115311.jpg

And found this on one of my forgotten bookshelves this morning. .......oh, oh.......

IMG_20160517_090434.jpg

Stay tuned to 'One-Liner(s)'.....!

Staring at it long enough....had to throw the seat on and some bars and ride it. This thing really scoots with those slick tires! Got the seat 'converted' from white leather to black. Can't wait for the lay back post.....
IMG_20160518_090702.jpg

@kingfish254 and others....I tweaked the fender extension this morning....better? Here's the before and after pics....
Before:
IMG_20160514_141541.jpg

After:
IMG_20160518_090748.jpg

Now to figure out what to do with this front end. So many bikes with cool springer forks on this build-off this year. I really want one, but has to be unique....both in style and to fit the 'convertible' style....hmmmmm...

IMG_20160518_090919.jpg

Oh, and yes, there will be something to fill in those empty eyes...

You could use a RatTrap springer fork, one of those has plenty of clearance for that tank.

Yeah, have seen those around, and they work well with this design. Thinking of something similar with maybe a twist....

That seat should look good with the layback post OJ. Try that fender without the extension and see how that looks. Great book. Wondered where you got all your witty bon mots.

@Chad T, your keen eye has once again added Rat-isfaction to a build....this time, it was mine! Chopped the fender extension, and as I was holding it in my hand, I realized it's fate....
"One-Liner, I know thy name, and thy name is subtle"....

Extension becomes stencil, and another rusty ghost flame is born.....
IMG_20160518_174629.jpg
IMG_20160518_174858.jpg

That's awesome!! You're lucky Kingfish said something. The extension made the tire look smaller. That looks great and the ghost flames are super cool!....:thumbsup:

This is why this site and forum is so awesome, Chad. We add encouragement, constructive criticism, and creative observations to our fellow builders; and get the same in return. This, almost above any other reason, is why the competition is on the rise this year, and also why the threads are so active. @Rat Rod , you have birthed a beautiful child here! Thanks to all, from the bottom of my rust loving soul....:113:

Glad you pulled the extension. I like how you used it as a stencil.
I could see it working well as an accent to some straight piece, but not the curved fender. Maybe wrap the seat tube with it or the drive side chainstay.

...KF...or the chain guard, as was my very first intention when I purchased it. Not for sure now, but if it works out in the end, great.

Back