One-Liner.... Now in FINISHED BIKES thread !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
index.php

i hate to say it , but i preffered the springs on top , i feel like it would look better with longer and wider bracket for the truss to clear the tire and be about align with the front of the tank ... just my opignion tho , still looks way better than the original fork alone

I was admiring the ratty long sweeper bars you have on the mockup. There has got to be a way to bend them back.... I am sure some RRB-ers have a few good ideas on how to properly straighten them?
Check out my latest post....the bars are back!

i hate to say it , but i preffered the springs on top , i feel like it would look better with longer and wider bracket for the truss to clear the tire and be about align with the front of the tank ... just my opignion tho , still looks way better than the original fork alone
It is a little 'out of the box' look for a springer fork. After I get closer to the end, I can re-evaluate. The present set up is 'reversible' (can be changed) so if I were to find the right extension for the top bracket, or replacement along the way I can still make the switch.

Silverking, first of all, I am guessing the PC might be Park City? Love that place! My boys and I got some skiing and boarding in there a couple winters ago.

I did get the bars straightened. I kind of did some 'cold forging' by using my bench vise and some extensions to force the bar in the direction I wanted it to go, and then left it for a few hours. After about 4 different placements / bends, it turned out well. So, I'm anxious to try them out once my lay back seatpost comes in!
Yes, SilverKing in PC! (35yrs) Good guess. Spent many years in Minnesota on our family farm in Grant County, so have roots there that go back to the Homesteading days of horses and hard work. Great to hear the bars are back...

So, I had this idea. After the lighter shade of textured Rust-Oleum, I laid down a flame sticker on top. Then I followed with the darker shade of textured paint. It has a nice rusty 'ghost flame' effect....but is it too subtle? Cuz I have an alternative planned if you all don't think it stands out enough, or could have a greater impact....let me know your thoughts!
View attachment 23966

View attachment 23968
I like it. You should leave it.

'Tanks Dr Tanks-n'stein! If you like the tank, perhaps you will like this latest addition as well....
Picked up this Persons 'naner at the swap meet last Sunday....rusty, crusty foam, perfect for an OddJob build! Scraped the foam off this morning and popped it on for a couple pics. Thinking of just doing a pad wrapped in purse leather, and just leave the sides rusty metal......

IMG_20160524_112800.jpg

IMG_20160524_112813.jpg

IMG_20160524_113234.jpg

Last edited:
Liking the banana seat!

Do you think it would still be ridable if you moved it back and down a bit for looks?

Luke.
It will definitely go back more once I get my 'long throw' lay back post in there. And theoretically, it could go down a bit because of the extra length....Pythagorean theorem ...."the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the square of the two sides." ...Dad was a geometry teacher....

Just had a great afternoon with @MplsCoaster . Steve came out to my hood for a nice 15 mi plus ride over hill and dale....he might say mostly 'hill'..:21:

He brought his 3 spd, stick shift equipped muscle beauty and I rode 'Faded Glory'. We took off from the BACK40 and enjoyed a couple hours on the steeds.

Thanks Steve! Ride on, and ...Rat on!

IMG_20160524_132931.jpg

Pit stop at the Kwik Trip along the way...

IMG_20160524_144105.jpg

Couple of beauts! If my car matched my bike it would have to be old, and rusty, and .....*ding!* hey......:nerd:

IMG_20160524_152232.jpg

I'm digging the rusty pan. Visually it probably would look cooler if it was lowered. I've heard some people say "Low for show, high for go". That chadpost is gonna be cool with it.

It's always awesome to see RRBers getting together for a ride!

Wow that was a lot of catching up to do. A lot has happened in a week . 1st I like the rear fender change . 2nd glad you got the front fork dressed up with springs & truss rods it really takes it over the top. I do like the look with the springs on top but I can see you will have some more work cut out for ya to make that work .
3rd the banana pan looks great but your butt will not like it ! Better get your self a big tube of butt butter cream . That bike is looking awesome and need to be ridden & shown off up in your neck of the woods . After a mile or two your going to want start walking. I love the look of my banana seat but every time I ride it I want to pitch it in the woods . Maybe after the build off you will find a happy medium.
4th I love it when a plan comes together!
8a7f44eab9bcf4668b3406b27cb9cbf5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
G, thanks for all the props! As far as my butt is concerned, I've never had a problem riding nearly any seat on any bike. It started early as a youngster. I broke many a yardstick back in my day. And years in the saddle (especially the first 6 yrs on a rigid aluminum bike) back in the racing days 'broke me in' pretty well....

I'm digging the rusty pan. Visually it probably would look cooler if it was lowered. I've heard some people say "Low for show, high for go". That chadpost is gonna be cool with it.

It's always awesome to see RRBers getting together for a ride!
Probably try for a happy medium. A position that works for me to ride comfortably, and looks good. Chadpost should get me back far enough to be able to lower it some...

Latest posts

Back