one of my holy grail bikes finally comes close to a reality

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well one of my holy grail bikes may come into my possession this weekend!!!
if all goes well i got a guy coming up this weekend to talk about trading my ross polobike and a few other parts for this beauty this is a sears space liner and one of my hot ticket bikes which basically means i want more then others i have been wanting a space liner for quite some time and by gods good graces i may own one the current owner described it as a rat which as you all can guess im sure peaked my attention however i feel this bike may be restorable but of course that won't happen with me
i am keeping my fingers crossed we can work something out
i have not seen the bike but from the pics he had of it on his Facebook page it looks original and complete i am hoping it is the same way in person
if i acquire it i will probably do nothing other then make sure the tires are not too far gone and lube it and ride on
here is what i hope is my future holy grail score of course if i do work out a deal i will post a new thread for it posted is my bike i am trading with him i also have another project and a few parts i am throwing in to sweeten the deal he seems like he wants to deal so im pretty stoked mine is a 1966 ross polobike which i do love it but i cannot pass up this opportunity to own a space liner i know lust is one of the 7 deadly sins but man what a sexy bike i so want it
15135855_896229227178381_7598480091510078486_n.jpg

16231237_10209707326698014_555191290_o.jpg

Cool, I have had a couple of space liners and they are great bikes. Currently starting on another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awesome it is one of my holy grails does this one look original form what you can see? i just want to make sure both sides get a good deal

Very cool, congrats :)
The sight of a Spaceliner was what got me interested in vintage bikes.
funny you say that because that is exactly what got me into them I saw a guy riding a space liner and he let me ride it and I was in love but he would not sell it to me ever since then I have been on the hunt for one this one actually kinda fell in my lap I was advertising to trade my polo bike which I love it but t is too small I'm a cruiser guy and I got a response asking if I wanted to trade for the space liner I do not think I could have replied faster lol always loved these bikes other then the Shelby flyer this is my holy grail

That looks nice! Looks pretty complete from the little I know from looking at RRB...
yeah it does look complete from what I know too it even has the plasic sprocket piece which is ususally always broken on the ones I have found the only thing I noticed is it appears to have been painted ( note the scratches in the white paint) and I believe these were always chrome bt that's no biggie I can always strip the paint and rechrome the frame if I want to but like I mentioned most likely I will just air up make it safe lube it and ride

I also did find out that this one is a 1964 which I'm not too familiar with that year the one I rode was a 66 and was a chrome frame does anyone know if they came painted as well? as I mentioned I want to make sure both sides get a good deal sometimes ima bit too honest but id want it no other way lol

Are you sure it is white and the scratches visible in the pic is not just the clearcoat pealing on the frame?
it is chrome the owner sent me some pics of it tonight the tanklight mising really throws me off but that does not mean i do not still want it
16358498_943289509139019_1008697494_n.jpg

A liner brought me here, and it's currently in the for sale thread. It has a not perfect rattle can respray.....

Anyway, the tank bezel isn't the easiest thing to find. But the do occasionally show up on the bay, and at swaps.

A liner brought me here, and it's currently in the for sale thread. It has a not perfect rattle can respray.....

Anyway, the tank bezel isn't the easiest thing to find. But the do occasionally show up on the bay, and at swaps.
Same thing for me- my wife surprised me one Christmas with a 1965 Spaceliner and it's still one of my favorites, while researching it I stumbled across this site!

fred

personally if I was in the market I'd hold out for a better example.
yeah I know it needs some love but what I want to do with it I am ok I see your point though but iv turned much much worse into much better I like the challenge my huffy Camaro was to the point it was only worth scrap metal now she's my pride and joy

well I own her the trade went down today what an amazing dude i think he was as happy as i am but to be honest I'm not a musclebike guy I'm a cruiser guy and my wife let it slip that i was wanting one of these for a long time he just laughed but i tried to hold my cards but i think he wanted the deal to go down as much as i did he did tell me the tank and fenders are off what is called a freightliner never heard of them but he said their the same as the spaceliner i took it for a ride and man she is heavy but she cruises nicely i have to do a little bit of maintenance on the rattrap but I'm not too concerned the seat is also not original i forget what he said it came form but it was a 50's bike but it staying i like it will be moving to the builds section soon as i can as i will be doing some work on her first step is going to be truing the wheels they roll straight but the spokes are a little loose and ima big guy so i will be doing that first then i am going to give her a bath with some evaporust and see what i got to work with

Back