One peice at a time

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VonFink said:
I love the components you have assembled, and I really dig the idea of fabricating a tank out of wood. I can't wait to see how this all comes together!

(pssst...it's p•i•e•c•e)

I just got a new tablet and the stupid auto correct keeps changing words and spelling on me.... And everyone I changed it it would recorect it

I have seen someone do built a wood tank that if you had not seen it from start to finish you would have thought it was steel or fibre glass

i knew the referance 8) but i just caught the thread!
2 or 3 years ago my build off bike was "the man in black" :p
1) i dont wanna be a downer and keep bringin' this up, but take care of that little guy.
2) bikes lookin good, but we(i) need more pix
3) wood tank :shock: dang it! that's what i was gonna do :p its been done befor, but i'll still do it :lol:

beatcad said:
i knew the referance 8) but i just caught the thread!
2 or 3 years ago my build off bike was "the man in black" :p
1) i dont wanna be a downer and keep bringin' this up, but take care of that little guy.
2) bikes lookin good, but we(i) need more pix
3) wood tank :shock: dang it! that's what i was gonna do :p its been done befor, but i'll still do it :lol:

Thanks I have always liked the look of tanks on bikes and since I had a bunch of 2x6 spruce laying around I figure why not give it a shot I just hope it works out as good as I have it I visioned in my head..... I will get more pics shortly I just. Haven't had much chance to play with the build so not to many pics yet....

Don't worrie about bringing up my daughter it's not a downer it's nice to know pple care here is a pic of her just cause I love showing her off

6156f190.jpg

Well I had time to work on my forks today so here are some progress pics I got most of the fork done at least tacked together so here you are.......
cf953563.jpg

a9627cb6.jpg

9f7984b6.jpg

7076bfb7.jpg

4c8da106.jpg

125ced97.jpg

f4a6c0c3.jpg

And here is the bike looks like while I ride it back and fourth to work....
c5324a27.jpg

bb87bb0d.jpg

SWEET FORK!! IS THAT A NANA SEAT ON THERE ?!? GTB CUZ I'M WATCHIN' YOU! PEACE

Great work on that fork!!
Very unique!!

Thanks guys I am impressed of how the fork turned out and I should have time to get the basic shape knocked out...

Peatbog said:
Cute kid! Tell her there are a bunch of bicycle riding guys who said "hi."

Thank Peatbog, good thing she looks like her mother lol heck if i have enough time maybe i can make a sidecar for her to ride in....

Gold Street Customs said:
Nice work on the fork, and your daughter is a blessing, I know mine takes a lot of time in my life but I wouldn't trade it for the world, I see alot of future princess bikes... :lol: need parts?

i am hoping to corrupt her b4 the princess thing catches on i already have a sweet vintage muscle bike from the 70's with the hard wheel and cherry red 16"tire in the rear and 12" tire up front... but she is a wee bit aways from riding that she is a joy and the sweetest little girl even on her bad days she seems to be a sweetheart ...

i am stuck at work and am itching to get back to building i feel like i got alot acomplished....

Well I thought I would throw up a bunny bump and I am surprised no one's thrown this guy up yet who can forget the most sickenly cute bunny oh all

BeanBunny.jpg

Bean bunny

Well enough of that I got about an hour of play time today so I cut out the rough shape for the tank and started sanding it.....

IMG_00000016.jpg

IMG_00000017.jpg

IMG_00000018.jpg

IMG_00000019.jpg

IMG_00000020.jpg

Still alot more shaping to do I will probably be working on the tank more then any other part of the bike......hope you like the progress....

I think you just doubled the weight of the bike! :)
Look forward to the shaping of that tank.

Ya after I glued it all together ithought maybe I should drill out the center board but oh well least I am not building it for speed lol

With it being a solid piece of lumber, this gives you free reign over the shaping.
Break out the chainsaw and crank up some Jackal "The Lumberjack"

http://youtu.be/A52p9jc-gOo

This is an awesome build :!: The fork is cool 8) And before calling it a day,you have to make it ridable again :?: Big bonus points :wink:

(Your daughter is adorable :!: )

Circa Cycles said:
This is an awesome build :!: The fork is cool 8) And before calling it a day,you have to make it ridable again :?: Big bonus points :wink:

(Your daughter is adorable :!: )

Thanks alot for the nice comments ya its abit of a pain having to throw the bike back together every time I wanna do something for the build off the other day I didn't tighten the rear wheel enough so I went to go to work and almost lost my rear wheel oooops... :oops:

P's I have really enjoy your build sofar..

Back