One shot alternative?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I can't seem to find one shot paint or any sign lettering paint close to me. Shipping it costs the same as the paint. I've never striped before and am just looking to practice on the cheap. I don't want to ruin my brushes so what is my best move? Do I need to pony up the extra loot or can I use some thing else? Thanks for any help. :mrgreen:

One-Shot is the preferred paint but for practice I think about any enamel paint will work. I talked to a sign painter a while back and he told me to use an old mirror to practice on. You won't ruin your brushes as long as you clean them with thinner when you're finished. Gary

one shot is used because it is thick and the color flows on in u guessed it ONE SHOT. there are other paints you could practice with say testors but it is much thinner. i would pony up the cash and get yourself white, black, red, and blue and have at it

house of kolor,ronan,1shot,and who ever does the roth line of paints all make lettering enamels...
have you tried local auto paint stores? alot can get you some if they dont have it in stock also check local art stores(forget the box stores they wont have it or bother ordering since theres not a huge demand)....if worse comes to worse grab the yellow pages and look up sign painters or pinstripers in the area and call to find where they get their supplies from....besides you might get lucky and have a local guy thatll be happy to pass his knowledge along...
good luck!

ditto with what sensor said. :D thats what i did.

All good advice guys thanks. I ordered some one shot Friday and still called around all weekend. I have testors in the house so maybe I can get started before it comes. Thanks for the tips 8)

Back