(ORBO) Dead Metal - Video Montage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Cant wait to see it sprayed!

Luke.
Ain't wastin' no time brother! It's done been painted!
I'm gonna let it set up a bit and when it's not tacky pull the tape...
We'll see, maybe more pics tonight...
I'll tell ya now, the stainless really highlights the pitting!

Carl.

Bang! I've got a little residue cleanup still but here's the rough cut...
DedMetL 068.jpg
DedMetL 070.jpg

1 Rattle can fast Rat paint job....
Sunlight tomorrow?

Carl.

Those guitars are a little distracting, but the stencils look good on there.
Yep that's my front room. ;)
Bike parts on the :eek: coffee table.
Guitars all over the place. o_O (and a drum kit!)
Left side, out of the picture is a pretty big flat screen :nerd: (56")
It's a wonder I get anything done... :crazy:

Carl.

Last edited:
Pretty klassy for a klunker Karl.....enough with the guitars and bikes; which chess set is that? :nerd:

Pretty klassy for a klunker Karl.....enough with the guitars and bikes; which chess set is that? :nerd:
Lego that my kids and I built. Medieval Knights vs Alien Robots.
lgochss 001.jpg lgochss 002.jpg
My 20 yr old daughter has started winning more than me...
But I have a Bishop that looks like me.

Carl.

I love the metallic two tones. Great look!! [emoji106] [emoji605] [emoji106]

Building... riding...
Kinda reminiscent of your build...;)
I wanted to bring out the pitting more, so I went lighter.
Soon as my seat post comes in, I'm done too.
Just a little more metallic Sharpie...

Carl.

Frame paint turned out great! Cool riveted saddle too, specially mounted on the slowriderz seatpost..... It all fits!

Frame paint turned out great! Cool riveted saddle too, specially mounted on the slowriderz seatpost..... It all fits!

Thanks guys...
I gotta little time left to find some nice photo ops. I wanna highlite some details,
like the fork brake hanger I hand bent, that looks to be blowin' in the wind...
May do some Sharpie work on the pedals too.

Carl.

Great job on this build, Carl! You put a lot of work and thought into it... and it shows! The bike gods are blessing you for saving that frame. :thumbsup:

Great job on this build, Carl! You put a lot of work and thought into it... and it shows! The bike gods are blessing you for saving that frame. :thumbsup:
Thanks Gary.
DM 003.jpg
DM 004.jpg

Carl.

All that pitting reminds me of my 20" dragstripper frame, makes me wonder if I can actually save it.

All that pitting reminds me of my 20" dragstripper frame, makes me wonder if I can actually save it.
Well brother, the original frame I was gonna use (39' Rollfast) wasn't as pitted but the pits it did have were holes and the frame tubing seemed a bit thin. It's gonna take some work to fill it all in and get her on the road again. But this frame is thick. Everywhere you can see inside it's thick and fillet brazed. I was told it once had a Royal head badge but it looks Schwinn built to me, because of the thickness and the electro-forged fitment. You can grasp the frame and twist and torque on it, and it's easy to tell it's solid. So if the Dragstripper is solid, I'd say save it. If not cut it and sleeve it with some newer bits from a donor frame. That's what I'm going to do to the Rollfast if I can't fill the holes in, I'm splicing in a newer rear quarter... Right now, and plans could change... the Rollfast is going to be my BO11 build.
I get BORED FAST.jpg

Carl.

Last edited:
It seems like a solid frame, I've mocked it up and ridden it without issue. So maybe one day I'll get it back on the road.

Looking forward to seeing what you do for 11.

Latest posts

Back