ORBO2016 The Coaster Mullet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will it klunk HARD?

• Total voters
Whether you complete this build in time for the contest or not, I still hope you finish this build and document it; I've been eager to see what you come up with. I randomly stumbled upon one of your other builds through a Google image search and it was gorgeous :113:.

Whether you complete this build in time for the contest or not, I still hope you finish this build and document it; I've been eager to see what you come up with. I randomly stumbled upon one of your other builds through a Google image search and it was gorgeous :113:.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, @mornview . I feel confident I'll finish in time; i'm just sooooo busy with work (yeah, i know i post a lot.... but i post a lot from work :blush:) and i'm just procrastinating b/c that's what i do best. My biggest worry is getting the stuff that needs powder prepped in time, in case they take a while to finish it at the powdercoaters.. i have pretty much every part except the headset and spokes(on their way) and the crank/front sprocket (gonna be expensive; i'll order it this Friday...should he here in time, and if not, i have backup cranksets.

As for the other builds, if you're talking about the white fixed gear Worksman, i ride that bike frequently; t's a lot of fun. I switched the cranks to the DiaCompes that Porkchop was selling, and flipped the bars, but everything else is the same. It's one of those bikes that ppl who don't ride take notice of. For every 5 ppl who love it, there's always 1 or 2 ppl who despise it, on principal. Most of my bikes don't evoke that kind of response.

Okay, I checked "possibly", but there is a change vote option. :grin:

Fair enough. Fact is, it will klunk HARD... the question is, as mornview mentioned: will it be klunkin' hard by April 1st? (Or even by March 26, for the race?_ I really do think it will be. :grin:

Nah, actually the build I stumbled across was black with numerous red anodized accents (I believe it was a Worksman, though). I know I accidentally stumbled across the picture on Google, drooled over it a for a little while, showed it to my wife, who also thought it was beautiful, and then decided to click on the picture, which led me to discover it was yours :bigsmile:.

Oh i was just riding that thing today, albeit with most of the red stuff being replaced with silver..... that bike gets a lot of google traffic, i guess b/c it's been the "First page" for searches on "worksman klunker" for about 5 or 6 years....

It's a mystery of time and space. :39::crazy:
cnZ9r.jpg

Updates, still no pics: got the frame prepped for powder. I'm trying to drop it off between my 2 shifts tomorrow, along with the bars, fork, and crank spider. Powder dude says they anticipate a 2 to 3 day turnaround on it. I'm at work now, but the interwebs claims that my order from porkchop is delivered and at my doorstep. That's the good news; bad news is, my order from Niagara is still "awaiting fulfillment"; i can probably get by with other stuff for everything on that order, except i NEED those spokes, to lace the wheels. And, really, i need that front hub, too, as i changed my mind about which hub i'm running, and i ordered spokes based on the one on the order. Still, I'm hoping it'll be here before Saturday, or at least by Monday the 21st, so i can lace wheels and do some shake-down rides, before the race.

It's looking like I'll be running sealed bearings in the headset, BB, and front hub, with full-ceramic loose ballz in the coaster hub. Not entirely sure if the disc will be hydro or mechanical; hopefully, i'll have time to try both.

Latest posts

Back