Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chips_Mahoy said:
Coaster brake or free hub?
Coaster brake, They went on Dark Horse 2. along with the bars.

I do have a pair of Bratz lowrider wheels I'd come off of or a pair of mis-matched freewheel rims too if you want them cheap.

These are the Bratz wheels, they could use a good vinegar bath but they don't look bad.

I was gonna use those but these look better.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Cool...more pics please! :mrgreen:

The Atomic garage stickers and the spike it already had, the RatRodBikes sticker I added.

A friend of mine was cleaning out his brother's barn and found this so he asked if I wanted it. It was free so as I always say if it's free I'll take it. Looks like a 1970's Huffy, rear coaster hub is a Suntour brand if that helps date it. Loaf seat is in decent shape. I might try that vinyl paint to dye it black and use it on something else. Same with the fenders. Good rat rod material.

kngtmat said:
Nice little bike. I have seen that before in a few department store Wishbook's people have scanned like the 1981 Wards catalog that looks close but the reflector is in a different spot.

He has more on his Flickr gallery.
http://www.wishbookweb.com/

Thanks, boy times have changed haven't they? Just a few pages before the bike (page 372) you could buy a build it yourself cannon for $200! :shock:

dracothered said:
What do the handle bars look like from the front?
Same as these ones in the lower left with the "Open Road" placard on it.
1981.xx.xx%20Montgomery%20Ward%20Christmas%20Catalog%20P378.jpg

That bike is from the early 80s, judging by the chain ring.

I had someone give me the same bike recently, only with a different paint scheme, I think it's called Sun Daisy or something like that. I like the chainring, I'm using it on my BO bike.

Not a bike but still cool enough I couldn't pass it up. I have seen similar ones but I like this one, the third leg also folds for storage and it is light weight aluminum. I figured the seat alone was worth the $10 I paid for it.

Latest posts

Back