Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one of them with an extra rear rim and tire the other day that was in really nice shape that were going to replace the one we already have. Looking for a trike to build a fat rear tire trike out of with the extra rear rims and tires I have. Might end up with a few more of them as soon as the guy I got this one from can get to them.

Never know wut u gonna get . I bought a black one last year for $50 ....has the tags hang in on the bars and reflectors and manual still in the bag ...

Yeah it seems the painted ones are always in better shape than the chrome ones, The chrome ones start to rust really quickly.

Have you actually ridden these? They cool but are hard to ride! These were all the rage 10 years ago.

I have ridden them and they are ok but I just got this for a project to see if the Harley tire would fit, I sold it the other day to free up cash for the van build. Bike projects are on hold for now.

Joe, I should have a couple extra of the clamps you're referring to in this pic...

IMG_2648.jpg

I was out and about today and came across this cool looking Kuwahara at the local Goodwill store for $20! With the discount card I got it for $18 as if it wasn't a good deal already. It's not a BMX but a road bike. The only things wrong with it are just minor adjustments, a back tube, and the seat was so loose I removed it with no tools. Needs a good clean and tune but should be an awesome ride.

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

I never knew Kuwa made roadies! Huh!
Wonder if they ride better than the f.s. bikes???

That companey made some fine bicycles. I love the bikes they made/rebranded lol ive owned several. great riders

This one's got Takagi cranks, suntour shifters, KKT one sided pedals, Araya rims, Kashimax seat, Diacompe brakes, and some kind of aluminum handlebars so not the best but decent stuff. I still need to get a tube for the back before I can ride it but I got it adjusted and cleaned up a bit.

Looks pretty tall, be careful.

Nice bike...right on the tail end road bike boom.
Yeah it is just tall enough to be right at my family jewels. Looks like a nice ride though. Kokomo is right between 4 colleges so I shouldn't have any problem flipping it if I decide to sell it.

I had a stroke of good luck today at the scrapyard and caught this just as it was going in a scrap bin to be condemned to death. I scored this and a set of 20" rims for $8. I also had some 26" rims laying around from the flea market score so I threw them on here.

IMG_2951.jpg

I had a mongoose stem laying around so I put it on here to see if it fit.
IMG_2952.jpg

Cool flames on the fender
IMG_2953.jpg

It's a JC Higgins
IMG_2954.jpg

Still has the reflector!
IMG_2955.jpg

Back