P40- SHE'S AWOL!!! Now Showing X-52.5 aka Plan B

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You popped that out quickly and it turned out great.
Matches up with you sketches pretty darn well.

Thanks everyone, I was really just trying to keep the curve from the seat stays right through the top tube arch. Then I kinda just winged the curve on the middle bar. Just for comparison, I think I will post my frame and frame together. I want to see how close they are.
P-40_bike.png

index.php

Well, not identical, but close enough, I guess....

Well, I removed the top bar from the boy's frame and the top bar from this frame then took them to work for some heating and bending yesterday. I did plug where I flipped the girl's top bar when I got home today and started welding everything together!! I am fairly happy with the result although I had intended the tank panel area would be a little bigger. Girl's bike no more...........

View attachment 23253

View attachment 23254

I went ahead and threw the fork and truss rods on to get an idea of my progress.

View attachment 23255
I'm liking this so I added the stem and bars, the bars are getting some modifications but this still helps get a visual of where we are headed.....

View attachment 23256
AWESOME!

Thanks Chief!! I feel like I am trying to charge up a mountian in this build off!! Lots of great frames and parts, lots of super talented builders!! At least I will have another KEEPER when mine is done......and maybe a top 25 finish if I'm lucky!

I got home and started mocking up some cardboard for my tank panel.
IMG_1999.JPG

I tossed my rear fender in place for a little more feel how things will work together.
IMG_1998.JPG

And now, I'm thinking that maybe a filler panel between the fender and seat tube will be a good idea.
IMG_1997.JPG

This panel would give me a nice area for a flying tiger, some pg rated pinup art, and maybe a tally for battles won. hmmm.:39:

It didn't take but about 45 minutes to transfer the tank panel from cardboard to aluminum sheet. I've got it outside to get some clearer pictures.

IMG_2002.JPG

I went back to trying out the fender with the filler panel.

IMG_2003.JPG

I am interested in anyone's opinion of whether this should stay or not. I am leaning towards stay right now.
It is almost impossible for me to keep things secret, so here is a sneak peek at my rack!

IMG_2004.JPG

Thats right, a Murray Fleetline rack is going on this baby!! I got lucky and picked this piece up from one of the good guys on RRB! WooHoo, I gots me some rare vintage parts too!! Not many, but one or two......:rockout:

IMG_2005.JPG

Last edited:
I got home and started mocking up some cardboard for my tank panel.
View attachment 23363
I tossed my rear fender in place for a little more feel how things will work together.
View attachment 23365
And now, I'm thinking that maybe a filler panel between the fender and seat tube will be a good idea.
View attachment 23366
This panel would give me a nice area for a flying tiger, some pg rated pinup art, and maybe a tally for battles won. hmmm.:39:
Sometimes I feel like Horshack and just wanna say, OOH OOH Mr. Kotter.

Anyway, that rear panel you could paint a pin-up over the Army star then use the lower portion for battle tags.

I like the way you think Sir.
And I remember who horshack was!!:wink1:

Those are very cool......
But, I am the machine gun KING!!!
index.php

At least I was the machine gun king......I sold all but 2 of them to friends. At least one will be on this bike before it is finished.

Hey yea, guns. I just happen to have a machine gun fender horn, just incase you're out of stock.

I'm good, thank you...but, if you choose to make a few bucks selling yours, it won't bother me any. I think there is a good market out there!!

I'm good, thank you...but, if you choose to make a few bucks selling yours, it won't bother me any. I think there is a good market out there!!
Oh, I don't plan to sell it. I've got a seven wheeled monster on the drawing board it'll look good on.

Back