Panda Pacer-1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my buddy Tony has a huge pile of bike scrap that he bought as a bundle to get a roll cage for a truck that was in the mix and a few of his old bikes from his childhood are in there too. We have been picking his pile for some time and several bikes have emerged from the parts.

At the very bottom of the pile we found this cool old loop, which he identified as his brothers old panda. It says Pacer-1 on what's left of the stickers. He asked if I would fix it up a bit so he could ship it to his brother...

The fork is solid beef, literally solid, and seems like some kind of heat treated/spring steel. Is this fork supposed to be on here?

not a bmx expert myself, but some guys on here are, so they'll chime in .

fork and stem look like Ashtabula stuff, good early mx pieces. but not sure if original to that bike or not. hopefully one of the BMX gurus will know.

I really dig the angle on the seat tube. You don't even need a layback seat post.

Yep...reinforced Ashtabula fork would have been appropriate for that time frame.

It all looks legit to me....very cool bike! :wink:

Back