Parts Bin Schwinn No. 2: 1958 Cantilever

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7b85ff5bb23055b71cd0469a9e1c9a8f.jpg

Black was always the new black

Took a little longer to find the motivation to mock up this Schwinn than I anticipated, but I managed to fiddle around with it some more earlier this Sunday.

I tried seeing what it would look like with a pair of full fenders along with the flipped springer fork, but I still wasn't really feeling it.
BftD_xmas_schwinn_mockups_72824_1.jpg

It's another rough mockup, but I feel like this is about the look I'd want to go for with this Schwinn. I had another Monark chainring that bolted directly to the mounting tab on the frame, which I think looks better than the other one I had on earlier. Plus, with the more "stock" springer fork, the line on the chain guard now points at the front axle. I'd want to bob the rear fender though. I haven't decided on all the parts, but the overall stance of this bike, as mild as it is, looks the best to me at this time.
BftD_xmas_schwinn_mockups_72824_2.jpg
BftD_xmas_schwinn_mockups_72824_6.jpg
BftD_xmas_schwinn_mockups_72824_7.jpg
BftD_xmas_schwinn_mockups_72824_8.jpg

I'd like to find another fender to us on this bike though, as this fender is all dented and dinged to a point that I doubt I could repair it like I want. Unless I can find anybody with the tools I need, that is.
BftD_xmas_schwinn_mockups_72824_3.jpg
BftD_xmas_schwinn_mockups_72824_4.jpg
BftD_xmas_schwinn_mockups_72824_5.jpg

The next step for this Schwinn is to trace over my last physical mockup in Photoshop and play around with some ideas for paint schemes. I may go with black and chrome, but I have a few more ideas I'd like to test out as well. Hopefully I'll have those ready to share sometime this week.

Back