PARTS IS PARTS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
PARTS IS PARTS: While digging around in my garage after a day of riding at the beach [thats were a get alot of my ideas from] i picked out this roadmaster frame and started piecing a bike together, I'm between jobs right now so--no money for parts---[AARRHHHH theres a bike/motorcycle swap this Sunday!! and ITS" calling my name!!] Soo I figured I'd build till I ran out of Right parts ........HEY I DO have enough parts...wife quote" I bet YOU do'nt even know how much parts you already have!" :roll: my reply " Yes Not enough!...well I guess I did on this build :mrgreen:

IMG_0012A.jpg

IMG_0010A.jpg

Mr T starter kit!! :wink:

IMG_0002A.jpg

did you bend the fork like that? i remember back in the 90s we went around chopping roadbikes up at the traintracks for the front half of the bike

Style (stil) n. mode of expression or performance peculiar to individual, group, or period.

even a Modge Podge together Bicycle from The hands of
Outsider13 turns out to be a cool bike.

once again,
nice bike!!!!

peace,
Kev.

thanx for the comps

Hey guys thanks for the compliments, Some time I get on a roll and I cant stop till the dust settles...HHhhhmmmm maybe I should inventory my parts :shock:.......NAW :mrgreen:
the forks I found them that way..not on a bike, IFF they where bent by some one they did a good job no dents 8) and they lower the bike, like channeling a body on a frame
w/ 24" wheels and Harley D ape hangers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Clothespin "n" said:
where do you come across all the 24 inch wheel set up's :?:

I never see any 24 inch wheel set up's in B.C. :cry:

Kev.
Girls bikes..... most are from girls single speed bikes from garage sales, swapmeets etc. some time its cheaper to buy the whole bike than go to a shop and buy just the wheel....PARTS IS PARTS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hey Kev,

i was at that one store... i think it's called walmart...

anyway,

they have a couple Kulana makamaka boy's bikes that are 24"
with coaster brake, marked down for $49 bucks...
i was thinking i might grab one just for the wheels...

this is what they look like...

makamaka.jpg

WOW I know where I'll be stopping tomorrow!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Clothespin "n" said:
great score that would be..
The Bars and Grips are worth that..

I'll have to hit Wal-Mart in Washington State this week..
Our Wal-Marts don't carry anything cool like that..

Thanks October,
Kev.

yeah,
the ones by me usually dont either, but the one a few towns over had a couple of these... and they were marked down...

this sells on walmart.com for $79, which still seems like it would be worth it just for the parts...

My wife bough it on WalMart.com for my birthday last year. I am short (5'3")
so it actually rides okay, but I bought it mainly for parts. the wheels, handlebars, grips, stem and a few other parts are good. She knew I was mainly getting it for parts for other bikes. 80 bucks for a bunch of brand new parts...I'm okay with that too.

Great! I love it! Pure Rat Style.Love the fork.
As a matter of fact i'm in your same situation.No $ 4 parts.Only Junk e What i already have, and yes it's not enuff here either...

Latest posts

Back