Pawn Shop Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
walked by this bike many times in the last month or so , finally struck a deal , paid too much , but when I got it home realised it was older than I thought . Nice springer fork and skiptooth , not sure what age yet , misssing all the usual parts , old goodyear tires , not original , but still nice , not the right seat either , sorry took these pics on i phone a bit blurry

005-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

From the looks of the lower bar that thing had a tank on it fairly recently. Too bad you can't track it down...maybe you can? Gary

B607 said:
From the looks of the lower bar that thing had a tank on it fairly recently. Too bad you can't track it down...maybe you can? Gary

Exactly what I was thinking. :cry:

?....wouldn't those truss bars inhibit the springer from working?...just wonderin,...maybe a close-up shot of the bottom of the fork mite help.
thanks

rusty1 said:
?....wouldn't those truss bars inhibit the springer from working?...just wonderin,...maybe a close-up shot of the bottom of the fork mite help.
thanks

I have had these springers before, and as I recall, they don't stop it from working (although it sure looks that way!). If I am remembering correctly, the front wheel bolts onto the truss that goes up under the spring (and not actually to the fork itself), thus allowing the spring to do its thing.

I will try to post a photo of the fork linkage later , you are correct the truss rods do not stop the springer from working , and it does look like it had the tank removed fairly recently , would like to track down one and a chain guard

...does the front axle pivot from the lower strutrod bolt?

Toadman said:
I will try to post a photo of the fork linkage later , you are correct the truss rods do not stop the springer from working , and it does look like it had the tank removed fairly recently , would like to track down one and a chain guard
i also would be interested in a couple shots of the lower linkage. i have the same fork,but not the swiveling lower rockers! :eek:

I have a '48 with the same fork. The truss rods mount onto the front of the dropouts plate while the axle and springer part attach in a groove in the back of the dropouts plate where they can have lots of up and down fun. I have yet to bottom mine out. I know it took two of us to get the front wheel out and back in though as you have to pull the fork out like the incredible hulk on jail cell bars. Super sweet handling fork, congrats!

Back