Pedro's Weekday "Haul!"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well, mini haul anyway.

I have been too busy flipping bikes to the college kids to do much Rat Roddin'. And now that bike season is winding down, I am getting a bit more free time. These are some of the first old bikes I've scored in quite a while. Not that I have been looking too hard. I promised myself to not drag home every bike I see anymore. Now I just snag every other bike I see. :roll:

I got a call from an guy in the next town over. He said his mom wanted her childhood bike gone. He thought it was a Schwinn something-or-other. Nope, it is a rough Elgin. Bent fork, like nearly all old bikes I find. Some fun parts. Rusty, but solid.

"Schwinn" something-or-other.
IMAG0969.jpg

This little gem was the result of some poor guys wife nagging him to get rid of his junk. She practically loaded it up for me. Sound familiar? It's a Raleigh Rodeo in pretty good condition. Really cool bar/stem combo. It has 24 x 1-3/8" tires, and is wearing my least favorite Stingray seat.

Raleigh Rodeo
IMAG0970.jpg

My girlfriend's father came up with this one. He picked it up at an auction. He said he would split the profit with me if I could sell it. Looks like a 70's Typhoon 24" with a boogered fork. It is a repaint. Would make a great "big kids" Stingray with the addition of a re-pop springer fork.

Typhoon 24"
IMAG0971.jpg

Cool Elgin 8) ...I'm re-doing one just like it.

Nice to see what the skirt guards look like.

I always like to negoiate when the wife is involved, He says $100, I say $70 and before he can counter she's either rolling out to my car, or telling him to best take it as it bout time he got that junk outta there. Great Score, all 3 are cool.

I love that Rodeo, would be a great addition to the fleet.

I have a gals Raleigh Rampar 3 speed coaster brake, with 24 x 1 3/8 tires, hope to get to that over the winter, unusual bikes.

Latest posts

Back