PEOPLE ARE NUTS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe your photos can be considered ARTWORK... and as so, are copyrighted, watermark or not. The subject matter is not copyrighted, but the layout and presentation of the subject matter is. Contact eBay and threaten to sue them under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act... Google it. I think it covers your photos, but I AM NOT A LAWYER.

I think the camo guy is a different dude with a very similar approach....He's reppin' San Antonio, whereas the other guy(s) are just claiming "United States" and only using stolen pics from the net; the camo guy clearly feels weird calling a bike one thing and shipping it with different decals, so he paints it and takes photos of a bike he has actually touched.

The regards1 seller, surprisingly, never responded to my questions. So a posted this to the thanx07 version of the same guy:
Hi, Cutie...

You never answered my questions from the other day! PS does ebay know you have multiple accounts?

Why don't you go back to stealing car stereos; you're less likely to get caught.

It may not effect anything, but I think it might add to his paranoia...

You could all write & ask him stupid annoying questions about the bike,and where was the pic taken,just to peeve him off.... :lol: :lol: :lol: or just write in and say ..."Hey I saw this at walmart today for $200"... :wink:

I sent a question on Ebay about what to do in case of the bike arriving damaged. This is the reply. He apparently would expect me to ship it back to him at my expense.

We have shipped scores of these bikes with no problems yet, they are well packaged and boxed to prevent that. But if that were to occur somehow, once you returned the damaged item we would send you another one.

- thanx07

Wow. Funny how good legit people put a good price on something and get lower than what they ask and yet these scammers manage to get these high prices they ask.

He has the fork right but the stem & handlebar are backwards on the Camo bike unless he did that on purpose.

Bicycle808 said:
I think the camo guy is a different dude with a very similar approach....He's reppin' San Antonio, whereas the other guy(s) are just claiming "United States" and only using stolen pics from the net; the camo guy clearly feels weird calling a bike one thing and shipping it with different decals, so he paints it and takes photos of a bike he has actually touched.

The regards1 seller, surprisingly, never responded to my questions. So a posted this to the thanx07 version of the same guy:
Hi, Cutie...

You never answered my questions from the other day! PS does ebay know you have multiple accounts?

Why don't you go back to stealing car stereos; you're less likely to get caught.

It may not effect anything, but I think it might add to his paranoia...

I think they are all the same guy. There is Regards1, Thanx07, and Thanxx2u. The names and the listings are just too similar to be coincidence.

You are allowed to have more than one account. However, there is something said about holding certain standards. If Ebay won't kick this guy to the curb, maybe their standards aren't so admirable.

Using multiple accounts
In this article

Policy overview
What are the guidelines?
Why does eBay have this policy?

Policy overview

There are many reasons why users would choose to have more than one eBay account. For example, users who like to buy and sell may want separate accounts for each activity. Other users who maintain businesses on eBay may prefer to manage separate accounts for different product lines.

Whether you have one account or more, eBay expects users to manage each of their accounts effectively in order to meet the highest buyer and seller standards. These standards and rules regarding performance, risk, and best practices are applicable for each account and help ensure a safe and positive experience on eBay.

Users are expected to resolve issues as they arise, and follow the steps provided by eBay to bring accounts back into good standing before continuing to buy or sell with other accounts. Learn more about how to increase limits on your account.

Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don’t, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?

Allowed

Users may have multiple accounts on eBay. We understand that there are various reasons why someone would choose to have more than one account.

Not allowed

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences.

When you buy directly from walmart.com , you are actually paying full retail price for direct shipped wholesale merchendise . I myself run ebay shops selling stuff I don't keep instock . I do business with drop shippers who's only retail outlett are independent sellers who devise their own marketing strategies . The people who take the shortcuts of using retail sites to drop ship merchendise never last long . They cannot offer service after the sale such as returns .

What a sleaze bag, sorry he's dragged you into this Steve.

I remember years ago flipping through a Sport Compact Car magazine and seeing a photo in an ad that I had taken, then saw the same photo in another ad! haha It was a friend's car, I had taken some photos of it and put them online for him (before the days of photobucket and the like). The people using the photos were selling the same body kit he had on his car. I contacted them but it didn't change and they didn't care. Oh well.

Like DueceWheeler, I too am a photographer. The person taking the image owns the copyright, if you have your info on your camera it would include all of it in the EXIF data. EXIF data would normally have your information with the photo unless you 'save for web', which will erase it. Your return can be as much as $100,000 or more if you also have the photos registered with the copyright office. A CD full of all your images, even low res files to fit more photos costs something like $35 to register. It can be done online faster too. There is some sort of 'rule' that it must be registered within 90 days of it being used by someone else if I remember correctly.

Found a good link for you.
http://blog.photoshelter.com/2009/05/el ... registrat/

Troy

Back