pictures from the 2009 sacramento turkey day ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had a blast i had to take off right when the ride started but it was good times meeting up with others i had not seen in awhile. lots of cool new bikes to look at and a few old faves. here are the pics

rodeo021.jpg

rodeo022.jpg

rodeo023.jpg

rodeo024.jpg

rodeo025.jpg

rodeo026.jpg

rodeo027.jpg

rodeo028.jpg

rodeo029.jpg

rodeo030.jpg

rodeo031.jpg

rodeo032.jpg

rodeo033.jpg

rodeo034.jpg

rodeo035.jpg

Had a blast today. Tons of bikes. Lots of crazy people. Lots of fun watching everyone and great to talk to all the RRB members. I'v got pics from start to finish. This is how we do it in Sactown baby. Enjoy! If I have any doubles of Karfers just pass em over.
TurkeyRide09002.jpg
TurkeyRide09003.jpg
TurkeyRide09004.jpg
TurkeyRide09005.jpg
TurkeyRide09006.jpg
TurkeyRide09007.jpg
TurkeyRide09008.jpg
TurkeyRide09009.jpg
TurkeyRide09010.jpg
TurkeyRide09025.jpg
TurkeyRide09024.jpg
http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/Kuttnhack/TurkeyRide09023.jpg[/img]
TurkeyRide09020.jpg
http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/Kuttnhack/TurkeyRide09019.jpg[/img]
TurkeyRide09018.jpg
http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/Kuttnhack/TurkeyRide09017.jpg[/img]
TurkeyRide09015.jpg
http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/Kuttnhack/TurkeyRide09014.jpg[/img]
TurkeyRide09012.jpg
http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/Kuttnhack/TurkeyRide09011.jpg[/img]
TurkeyRide09010.jpg
TurkeyRide09026.jpg
TurkeyRide09027.jpg
TurkeyRide09030.jpg
TurkeyRide09033.jpg
TurkeyRide09034.jpg
TurkeyRide09035.jpg
TurkeyRide09037.jpg
TurkeyRide09040.jpg
TurkeyRide09039.jpg
TurkeyRide09042.jpg
TurkeyRide09043.jpg
The End. Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless.

Sooooo much fun!!! great ride and great friends! hey Ted those shots you have of me in front of the Capital are SWEET! 8)

thanks to all who came out it was fun. sorry i had to cut out early looks like things got wild down at discovery. hey ray did the 3 wheel bike with the huge sprint car tires actually float? that sucker was cool. had a great time always up for a chance to sit and rap with my fellow RRB buddies. and for those who could not make it i know how it goes but look forwards to the toy run on the 13th. and that sick aluminum chopper in my first photo was put together by our friend rich and was straight raw tubes 48 hrs ago. i kid you not i have had to hear all about it over the last two days then we were working the bugs out of it at the shop this mornning. he built it for terry nice ride so nice in fact i dont even want to ride it lol.

I want to ride it, will it be at the shop?

I need to load my pics still, didn't take too many though.

:D
Hi folks!

The silver-bodied trike with the sprint car tires did indeed float. We rode/sailed it to the other side of the river, turned right (upstream) and looped back to the beach.

The delay was caused by Stupid Me initially installing the wrong gear. (Gears can only be changed by removing one chain and installing an other.) I installed the lowest gear, thinking of riding back up the hill. But that was too low for water-travel; the paddle wheel barely moved. After installing the correct gear at the edge of the river, all went well. Understandably, some folks got tired of waiting and had left by then.

This trike is mostly used for Kinetic Sculpture Racing. But it is normally a four-wheeler. Last May, it was a six-person four-wheeler. At Burning Man it was a four-person trike (but without the body). Who knows what it will be next!

Thanks for putting on a fun event! I'll try to have gearing that can be shifted on the fly next year.

And you can expect to see us in action at the Kinetic Sculpture Race in Humboldt County on Memorial Weekend, and at Burning Man.

bm09450p50.jpg

Jumping the Ramp Of Death at Burning Man 2009.

Elliot

just some info on the Turkey ride they will be showing the video that they were recording on Thursday Dec. 10 at 6:30 and 9:30 on the HDNet channel for Direct tv channel 306 or 79 and for Dish Network channel 9422 or 9423 and for Comcast you dont have HDNet but check your local listings and YOU MUST HAVE "HD" to see it

can you record it somehow? wonder if it will be avalible on line?

Just saw it tonight on HDnet on a show called Art Mann Presents. Was cool seeing the people and bikes. I don't know who this Art Mann is but I'm surprised he has his own show after watching this.
It's airs next on 12/12 at 9:00pm Central time and then again several other times through out the month. The title is The Hard Cider Bike Ride.

the video was awsome of the Turkey ride and i was able to recored it on dvd so karfer ill make you a copy for you

well spinman your more than welcome to come out whenever you want you know we will be doing the rat bike rodeo in 2010 hint hint. and yea due to the dedication of all the local boys we have built up the local scene quite a lot. i remember a few years ago when we started the second sat rides and there were more than a few with just me and sensor, then a few more joined in. there were times when i just wanted to fold the whole deal but we stuck with it and now we are doing things. i personally cant wait for 2010 should be a fun time and to those outside the area you guys are more than welcome i want to get you guys out here!!!

Back