Places to get beach cruiser frames?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking I might like to try and build a beach cruiser by piecing it all together. I looked online and did not find many places just selling frames and the ones I did find I have no idea if they are good companies or not. Just sort of curious and trying to figure out what I want to do.

Thanks guys!

If you are wanting to build one from scratch. I would check with your local landfill, or scrap metal dealers. They always end up with old bicycles & sometimes there may be an old cruiser in there. Usually free at the landfill & maybe a few bucks at the scrap dealer. I have done it before. Also look on craigslist for a used one cheap. You may even find one with good wheels, crank etc. Hope this helps in your search. 8)

What pick said..... it is going to be much cheaper to find a complete bike then customize it. Building a cruiser from parts can be expensive.

cman said:
Building a cruiser from parts can be expensive.

+1

I spent more money piecing a "cruiser" together than if I'd just bought one. I saw the the OP Cruiser is now $79 at my Walmart.

I've known a lot of guys that are buying walmart cruisers & using them for parts. Tires, wheels, crank etc. Heck of a lot cheaper than buying it piece by piece, especially with shipping charges. But if you are like a lot of us guys, we almost always end up with more in cost than the bike is worth (using vintage parts). At least that's what my wife thinks!

roland365 said:
ive used this site for buying parts... never a frame but they are legit. like everyone said, id go find a cheap bike or go on craigslist to get a junk bike. you might even find a good bike on there too
http://www.custommotoredbicycles.co...me_pedals26inch_beach_cruiser_framebaja_frame

I was just looking at this site too and they have 24" frames cheap at the bottom of this page :wink:
http://www.custommotoredbicycles.com/used_bicycle_partsschwinn_approved_one_of_a_kind
I'd get a bike from the scrap yard or buy a Huffy Cranbrook at Wal-Mart for $79 :D

pick said:
I've known a lot of guys that are buying walmart cruisers & using them for parts. Tires, wheels, crank etc. Heck of a lot cheaper than buying it piece by piece, especially with shipping charges. But if you are like a lot of us guys, we almost always end up with more in cost than the bike is worth (using vintage parts). At least that's what my wife thinks!
What sort of material are the Walmart bikes frames? They mild steel, Chromoly, something else? This seems like a dang good idea.

if you need a frame and live around South Jersey, drop me an IM. I might be able to help.

Careful guys, that website lit up my Webroot AV(one of the best at spotting viruses in the wild) completely blocked it with a "known dangerous behavior" warning, could be they've been hacked.

no viruses here...i buy products from there and ive ordered a few more things ...not ever a problem

None that you know of anyway. That's only the second time Webroot has completely blocked a website on me. A couple of years ago Nashbar got hacked and didn't know for awhile and my CC was compromised luckily Wells caught it right away, I had used them since the 80s without a problem, and still use them(got a nice one time big discount for that) doesn't mean a website can't get hacked.

socal_jack said:
None that you know of anyway. That's only the second time Webroot has completely blocked a website on me. A couple of years ago Nashbar got hacked and didn't know for awhile and my CC was compromised luckily Wells caught it right away, I had used them since the 80s without a problem, and still use them(got a nice one time big discount for that) doesn't mean a website can't get hacked.
I got tagged on that one at Nashbar. My card notified me weeks before Nashbar sent a notice about their problems.

GL

size matters ! check the specs for wheelbase and top tube length. one of the ways that the discount stores keep the price down is to offer shorter frames that are suitable for shorter people.

clamdigger said:
size matters ! check the specs for wheelbase and top tube length. one of the ways that the discount stores keep the price down is to offer shorter frames that are suitable for shorter people.

That's what she said.

Bigcam59 said:
if you need a frame and live around South Jersey, drop me an IM. I might be able to help.
Thanks man! I'm actually in the Detroit area. I'll find one one day. I'm not really looking that hard yet. I was thinking of hitting up the local junk yard but it's been rainy and it's a mud pit right now.

Back