Poison Ivy... woops

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I was riding in town on my 1980 Fuji Monterey. Then all of the sudden, my chain derailed. The chain was covered in grease, the black ucky stuff. I didn't want to get it all over my hands because I was afraid I'd get it on the paint job. So, I find the nearest leaves and pick them.. go over to my bike, and grab the greasy chain with the 'leaf'. But then the leaves got all chopped up, so I go over to the bushes and grab some more leaves. Then my brain finally functioned, "This looks like poison ivy." ..... Uh oh.

TO BE CONTINUED: Am I immune to Poison Ivy or no? Find out in two more days!

PS: Pray for me please, thanks. :|

This stuff sucks! I got into some about 2 months ago, and still have marks from it. I use Alavera (spelling?) lotion, Benadryl, and calamine lotion. The palms of your hands might not get it because the skin is thicker. Wash your cloths too, it stays active for a while. Dean

Too late now, but Lye soap works if you can get to it before the oil is soaked in. If it flares up, go get some steroids at the doctor sooner than later. Yikes.

I pulled a car out of a ditch in February once, laid under it to hook the tow strap to the axle, next day, whammo, all over my face. I had a job driving an airport shuttle at the time, my tips took a nosedive, I think people either knew what it was and were afraid of getting it, or they thought I was a lepper. :lol:

dude i got that almost 2 months ago from clearing out a patch of shrubs in my back yard, i still have marks, i think its gonna scar. i ended up in the emergency room when i found it on my boy parts one morning, even the area over my eyes swelled up! turns out hot baths are the most wrong thing to do, i kept taking them with oatmeal but the doc said a hot bath is prolly what made is spread like it did. 2 weeks of strong antibiotics and steroids cuz the first round didnt do the trick, be VERY careful what you touch and wash your hands all the time!! good luck!
fast eddie outty

Yep, getting the oil off or breaking it down on controlled spots is the only hope once you're exposed. Not fun.

That's why this stuff works...

zanfel-pi-pic2.jpg

hope your as resistant to the stuff as i am, i can roll in it and come out with 2/3 little bumps on me, my mom on the other had ... gets hospitalizedfor just being down wind from it :shock:

Eh, thanks for the information and prayers guys. One day later, I'm doing good. No sign of itching or bumps... but the day is young. :roll:

I like to eat oatmeal though lol. :D

Dannnng Messa.. You might be in a messa trouble. :lol: Dude be carefulllllll poisen ivy sucks. SO bad. Got all over this girl jessie i know. we were wrestling last fall, andddd i like tackled her into a bunch of weeds i had jeans and a hoody on and boots. She had shorts and a t-shirt. she got scars from poisen ivy. :( Hope ya dont get it. Ill say a prayer.

Latest posts

Back