Post war Schwinn DX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Okay, so not a "rat", but my '36 Rat Roadmaster is coming!

Cleaned up the DX a bit. I had an old Persons seat that needed restored, so I recovered it black, buffed the springs and painted the frame. It isn't the "correct" seat, but it works for now. The DX is postwar/pre-fire. It is in decent shape for the age. It isn't pristine, but it is cool in it current "aged" state. I certainly plan to get it out on occassion and go cruising...

dx1.jpg

dx2.jpg

dx3.jpg

dx4.jpg

looks nice. I have a similar frame that i'm workin on. I like yours; very nice and mostly original, but not so nice-n-original that it makes the bike seem "uptight".

-rob

yoothgeye said:
A little *too* nice... did this come from a museum?

The pics make it look nicer than it is. I mean it is a nice bike, but the paint is a little lighter in person. The top tube has some paint worn and flaking. Also the rear fender has a small dent. It was pretty grimy when I found it. I tore it down and cleaned it and put it all back together. It is a great rider. It has the Carlisle Indian head Dart tires. The seat was missing, so I recovered one I had on the shelf. Its just a cool old base model bike.

Back