Pre-War Schwinn Packard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got the bike in the mail today after paying for it three and half weeks ago. It was packed terribly the skiptooth sprocket was hanging out of the box when it got to me and two or three teeth are going to have to be deburred if I decide to use this sprocket(looks to have been drug on something really rough). The rear fender is bent has a crease in it because the frame was sitting on the fenders in the box. The skiptooth front sprocket seems to have some teeth really worn out. Has a morrow rear hub and has alot of play in the front crank. Will be looking to buy bearings for the front crank and hoping that fixes it.
HPIM0607.jpg

HPIM0601.jpg

HPIM0603.jpg

HPIM0608.jpg

HPIM0606.jpg

HPIM0619.jpg

HPIM0614.jpg

HPIM0634.jpg

HPIM0629.jpg

HPIM0648.jpg

HPIM0625.jpg

HPIM0621.jpg

HPIM0613.jpg

HPIM0609.jpg

Re: Pre-War Schwinn 2 Bar Packard Question

That the one ending on ebay tonite? LOTS of people watching it! Schwinn introduced Balloon tire bikes in the US in 1933 after seeing them in Germany. The deluxe model was called the B-10E. This frame looks a lot taller than any others I've seen though! I'd bet it goes for high $$$! -Adam

Yea it is the one on the bay. I wanted to bid on it but i am afraid too i don't know anything about early bikes and I don't want to get ripped off :x i wish they would stop bidding on it last 5 minutes it went from 163.50 to 203.00 Well that really sucks I bid up to 351.01 and i got outbid! I was for sure no one would bid higher then that. Lost my schwinn stingray today and now this :(

That is the tall frame version of the B9/B10 Schwinn and was available from 1933 through about 1936. The tall version is an uncommon frame and desirable because so few balloon tired bicycles are really sized for adults. Schwinn usually offered tall frames in their pre-war model line-up but they were special order items, not noted in the consumer catalogs and produced in very small numbers.

The bike was designed to use the standard size toolbox tank (if equipped) and looks a bit odd with the relatively small tank. Earlier tall frame single tube models (such as those Schwinn provided to Mead) used a more appropriately sized tank.

On the down side this bike has an incorrect fork and crank so I would expect it might have gone higher with the correct pieces in place.

Great Info I am glad I feel a little better about not winning it now. I love this site soo much great information :D

Does anyone have a standard size toolbox tank for this bike? I would like to see pics of what it looks like on these bikes and get a idea of price to see if i want to put a tank on it.

Re: Pre-War Schwinn Packard messed up in shipping

Bump for new pics I took today when i got it off the fedex truck.

That was a lousy packing job.

What was the guy's username so we can steer clear of him in the future?

The reason I never ship bikes. Too much potential for damage due to the shape and size. Gary

secrert240 is his ebay username I haven't left him feedback yet. If I do it's going to be negative because the auction ended on the 23rd of april, He didn't answer my emails about payment till the 27th. He didn't ship the bike till the 5th of may. I know if I leave him negative feedback he is going to do the same thing right back to me even though i did what i was supposed to. Here is the link to the ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers

Thanks for the info KZ1000 and if your username stands for what i think it does I just sold my 1978 KZ1000 last month. I wish i had it back now I really miss her. I had the engine built up to a 1300 and had the transmission worked on and had her fully restored. She was really fast. She scared me the last time i took her out almost got away from me so that's one of the reasons i got stupid and sold her.

I have a 1979 KZ1000, I bought it new and could just never let it go. It is still registered, just don't get out on it too much

I never got on mine much anymore either. I think i rode it once over the last 5 years i hated to see her sitting there in the garage when someone could be out there enjoying riding her.

you might be a little hard on the ebay seller if you look he is new to ebay looks like he has never shipped a bike before his number is only a 41 maybe he is a truck driver and was out of town when the auction ended i would be glad that he would ship at all and you won the auction .a lot of people wont ship and you may have not even bid on the bike i'm just saying keep these things in mind BEFORE you leave neg feedback on the other hand it seems you got a nice bike i didn't look to see what he charged you for shipping but i'd bet it wasnt as much as other people do i have had good luck on ebay once in a wile your will run across some one thats not a square dealer ......

i have said a mouth full time for me to go may the rat gods be with you........

That's why i haven't left him neg feedback yet because he had never shipped a bike before and I was waiting to hear what members on here thought I should do before I left feedback. I was thinking about positive feedback but put on there the bike was packed poorly and it was damaged in shipping. He has a band and they are working on making a record right now that is why he sold the bike. But that still doesn't give him the right to take so long to ship it. But I did get a nice bike even though it got bent and bruised in shipping. Right now i am leaning on not leaving feedback at all. Hopefully members will post what they think I should and whichever feedback (negative or positive) gets the higher vote thats what i will do.

Thats a nice bike :wink: To bad it got beat up in shipping :cry: :cry:

Thats a really nice packing job ratrod! What kind of bike stand do you have? I'm looking to buy one so i can work on a bike for the Buildoff I didn't realize how nice they are to have and use till I tried to work on my bikes everyday. I found a new Park PCS10 Pro Bike Stand on my local CL for 125 dollars. His listing says these are the best bike stands to own.

Back