Pre-War Schwinn Packard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pre-War Schwinn Packard messed up in shipping

LOL the whole time I have been reading his ebay listing i never caught that :)

I don't think there was anything intentional done by the seller, It does take time to ship a bike, especially if you have never done it. and the damage is not severe. I would not leave any feedback at all but email him your concerns

At least he didn't send it UPS! There are too many stories of their bike destroying rampages!!! -Adam

I hate to hear that about UPS. I am awaiting a money order right now for a frame i sold. The guy is sending me a ups label from the company he works for to have it shipped there.... I guess I better go out and get some pipe insulation and protect the frame really really good.

tgriffin27 said:
I guess I better go out and get some pipe insulation and protect the frame really really good.

Make sure you put a block of wood between the rear dropouts and secure it. This will keep the back of the frame from getting squished when the UPS dock gorilla lays the box on its side and loads something heavy on top of it. I used to work for UPS and I know all about their methods. :mrgreen: Gary

Thanks for the info gary. i would have never thought of doing that until you mentioned it. I will be definately doing that from now on, to every frame i ship.

by the way man, awesome job on packing the higgins, got here safe and sound. now i just gotta make sure butcher gets there alright. :roll:

I remember the tanker I got in UPS the box was exploded and parts where missing from it, I had to pay just about 100$ for them to handle/throw my box around, as for workstands they are the bomb to have, I worked on bikes for years without one but my friend was throwing his out because a broken weld, I fixed it and it's so great, it's a nice heavy dutie one

I can't wait to get butcher here so i can ride it around the neighborhood. No problem on the packing job I wanted to make sure it got there in the same condition as I had it. So when are you going to post some pics of the higgins? I want to see how it turned out with the polo seat on it.

well here ya go man. :D i think this one will be my dream cruise bike(as in the one i build for the cruise)
SANY0063.jpg

SANY0068.jpg

my thought is gloss black, with ivory scallops on the frame, fenders, and gaurd, tall wide apes, re-do the polo in ivory colored naugahyde, and less rusty wheels done up with white rims and big fat blackwalls. i call it, "The Great Pretender"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8xff2X46A

That bike is looking soo good now. It's gonna look so good with scallops. i liked how they did the white paint on the fenders of it originally I cant believe how well the white paint held up on that bike but the other color turned to rust. So when you going o ship butcher I cant wait to get him here so i can ride him and watch the neighbors heads turn :D

haha well im going to the bike shop tomorrow to see if they have a bigger box, or at least another one i can use to expand the one you shipped me. :lol:

Back