prewar estate sale bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1940's american flyer the bike came from an esate sale in ky the seller was nice enough to meet me 1/2 way it should clean up nice i'll add a few correct parts on the bike give it a good cleaning and its done........
DSCN2021.jpg

El Duderino said:
dang. this is exactly what Ive been looking for. a schwinn dx in original condition with a louisville cycle badge.
good buy

Not a DX. This is a "B" model

Neat find. 8) It has the nutcracker Wald neck like they used on '41 DX models. Definitely a B model but the back fender looks way too skinny to be a B model fender. Should have a wide ducktail rear fender. I don't think the chainguard is original either. Nothing that can't be brought back to original though. That's also the first B model I've ever seen with only a 2 color paint job. All others I've seen are 3 colors, so I guess Louisville Cycle Supply could have ordered it that way with those parts and paint. Might be more original than I think.

You better lock that bike up...El Duderino will be coming up here looking for it. :p Gary

I think bikes made from about '37-'41 were the coolest ever. Then WW2 went and messed things up. :( Your bike looks right with the blackwall tires. That's a very unusual variation that I doubt was ever listed in a catalog. Kind of a cross between a B model and a DX. Probably ordered that way by Louisville Cycle Supply. LCS was owned by the Lipski family. They were an important bike distributor for the SE US for many years, and had clout when it came to the manufacturers. El Duderino would probably trade his first born for it. :shock: Real nice bike. Gary

Latest posts

Back