Prewar Schwinn LaSalle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up today off CL.

ynubebu5.jpg

u6uqanap.jpg

he5u3e8e.jpg

eny4e5u9.jpg

1918 Ranger

Toadman said:
try a laquer/thinner to carefully remove the old paint , might be suprised what you find underneath

Surprise!

Got rid of the blue paint packed the bearings etc.

Still got a little work to do on the saddle. Put this 50s Shelby on it for time being.

Before
bu6unu4y.jpg

After
gynu2a2u.jpg

3egymy2u.jpg

deva9eba.jpg

I had some old stock AllState tires and put them on it.
evu9avu8.jpg

1918 Ranger

1918 Ranger said:
ratina said:
Wow! What did you use to take the paint off?

Patience. Lots of patience!!

1918 Ranger
Like to thank my brother in law Bo for all his patience on the project. I turned the project over to him to do for me.

1918 Ranger

Your C-model turned out great! Makes you wonder why someone painted it blue :roll:

1936 is certainly close, but I think it would have had flat fender braces. Maybe an older hub on a 1937 or 38? It would be interesting to see the what the date on the crank is...

My C-model has a W serial number and came with flat fender braces and a 1936 crank... but who knows what was original after 75 years?

Fleet_SerialNumber.jpg

Fleet_CrankDateStamp.jpg

fleetb.jpg

J_Westy said:
Your C-model turned out great! Makes you wonder why someone painted it blue :roll:

1936 is certainly close, but I think it would have had flat fender braces. Maybe an older hub on a 1937 or 38? It would be interesting to see the what the date on the crank is...

My C-model has a W serial number and came with flat fender braces and a 1936 crank... but who knows what was original after 75 years?

Fleet_SerialNumber.jpg

Fleet_CrankDateStamp.jpg

fleetb.jpg
Crank was bare. No luck there. Hub showed 36'. Only tell I have

1918 Ranger

Back