Project Swing Low (non motorized boardtracker)UPDATE!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Project Swing Low (non motorized boardtracker)

Your build is looking good. You have to watch the motorcycle bars. If they are 7/8''
all the way , they won't have the 1'' hump in the middle with the knurled part. Or some
motorcycle bars have two of the 1'' humps and you have to use that kind of a stem.
Its doable but watch what you order so you have a way to mount them.

Uncle Stretch said:
Your build is looking good. You have to watch the motorcycle bars. If they are 7/8''
all the way , they won't have the 1'' hump in the middle with the knurled part. Or some
motorcycle bars have two of the 1'' humps and you have to use that kind of a stem.
Its doable but watch what you order so you have a way to mount them.
Thank ya, sir! They have some that are 1" , but I'm pretty sure those I posted a link to are 7/8" all the way

Re: Non mototrized boardtracker (first shot at one)

Critter1 said:
Lowlife Lucas said:
What would everyone say if I said I got the v shape tube from an old swing seat? I thought it worked good :wink:
Maybe this build should be called...... "Swing Low"

how about.....Mood Swing?

So, I've been looking at seats, but I'm nowhere near ready for one but I wanna get in mind what I want, and I have
Felt Hot wheels seat. It'll look awesome and fit the colors I wanna do :wink:
Saddle-Cruiser-Mens-Hot-Wheels-Style-Banner.jpg

I'll be getting one of these for sure when I get ready for a saddle :)

Lucas if I lived where you live, I wouldn't be building a bike. I would be posting on Quarter horse daily. :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Lucas if I lived where you live, I wouldn't be building a bike. I would be posting on Quarter horse daily. :lol: :lol:
Trust me, I had somewhere to keep one and could afford it, I would :lol:

These are the wheels from the $15 bike after I mounted my tires on them. They're miss match, the front one is a dark grey and the back one is black. But they're not bent or warped an that's a plus in my book
563438_611687612177996_1957866479_n.jpg

LukeTheJoker said:
Awesome! Cant wait to see them on the bike!

Luke.
Thank ya! I put it in roller form the other day, and I must say they look pretty good 8)
All that's left to do is clean up everything and get it ready to weld :D

I was researching board track racers, and found out some interesting things. But out of everything that caught my interest the most was, the fact that they went as fast as they did and didn't have brakes on their bikes. I thought that part was interesting just for the fact that I had no intentions of having any sort of brakes on mine either

On another note, everything is cleaned up and ready to be welded :D

So, until then...to be continued........

Lowlife Lucas said:
I was researching board track racers, and found out some interesting things. But out of everything that caught my interest the most was, the fact that they went as fast as they did and didn't have brakes on their bikes. I thought that part was interesting just for the fact that I had no intentions of having any sort of brakes on mine either

On another note, everything is cleaned up and ready to be welded :D

So, until then...to be continued........
Well it's a good thing this one isn't going to have an engine, but please rethink the no brakes part if this will be used on the open streets.

Looking real good Lucas! Yea, at least a front brake, always nice to have at least a last resort backup plan!

Rich

Thanks Rich and Luke!
Believe it or not, one I turned about 17 I had started taking brakes off of all of my bikes that didn't have coaster brakes :lol:
If I had something that had a brake, I probably wouldn't know what to do. Buy I luckily don't live on a busy road and there's normally not a lot of traffic

Back