Project Swing Low (non motorized boardtracker)UPDATE!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Project Swing Low (non motorized boardtracker)

Wire brush in a drill and a sandblaster goes a long way. Here's some of what I cleaned up
550031_615184281828329_1063858112_n.jpg

I'll list what's what, from left to right
The far left is part of the down tube, then the neck of course, then the sprocket case, and far right is the top tube. Last but not least, the big one underneath is the rest of the down tube. The sprocket case is the only thing that got blasted, everything else was with a wire brush in the drill.

Lowlife Lucas said:
Forgot to add, I'm thinking about a set of these bars, but turned upside down. what do you guys think?
21NmOVkwcyL.jpg

You could sand blast them and then use a primer that will etch into the chrome and paint them black. Not sure how well that will work out though, but it is a thought.

That's an idea I hadn't give any thought to, might have to try that once I get a set.

So, I'm kind of indecisive on paint at the moment. I slightly like the green of the Harley Davidson board trackers, but I like the shade of red that the Indian is as well. There's other colors too, and I'm sure they would look good as well. You guys throw me some ideas for paint, but remember, it'll have to go good with black :wink:

What goes better with black than black? :wink:

Actually I like white with black, but it will depend on what colour tires you end up with, if you want those creme or brown tires on there eventually, you need to consider how they will look with your paint choice too...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
What goes better with black than black? :wink:

Actually I like white with black, but it will depend on what colour tires you end up with, if you want those creme or brown tires on there eventually, you need to consider how they will look with your paint choice too...

Luke.
I agree 100%, but I do eventually plan on some cream colored tire :wink:
That's why I was thinking brown, but I'm just not sure if brown would be board trackerish :lol:

Choosing paint is always fun. For something close to that go to a hobby store(assuming you are using rattle can since you posted krylon) and they'll have tons of olive drab greens. When in doubt, black always works well, since it will work with any other colors you may choose for parts. Looking forward to seeing more.

sensor said:
Choosing paint is always fun. For something close to that go to a hobby store(assuming you are using rattle can since you posted krylon) and they'll have tons of olive drab greens. When in doubt, black always works well, since it will work with any other colors you may choose for parts. Looking forward to seeing more.
I'm using gloss black for small stuff, so that od green would look good with it. My bars may be the only thing chrome, but I don't think it would hurt

Your getting it all together. Moving right along.

A little education.
image008.jpg

Not trying to hurt your feelings...We all had to learn it. :wink:
I still prefer crank holder thingie :roll:

It always makes me happy when somebody builds their own frame.
I can't wait to see you finish.
That Banner Red is kinda a yucky color of red. the Cherry Red is a much better choice.
The army green would be a good choice too.

Back