Pure class swear this thing doesn't want me to finish

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky 7 seat post is 5/8 but the monark seat tube on the monarch is 13/16 or 20.6375 mm
IMG_20230509_181846833.jpg

This old stem fits
IMG_20230509_160355511.jpg

And is 5/8 Id
IMG_20230509_160414130.jpg

IMG_20230509_182017338.jpg

Weld that together tomorrow

Gunmetal paint for-the-win! And that burgundy is a perfect complimentary color. The creme tires really add that 'era perfect' look.

To me, the chrome fenders are too bright, with all the other subtle beauty on this, beauty. But you have the perfect color palette to 'smoke' the chrome! I used the Duplicolor Metalcast Smoke chrome on my RaTsberry BuffeT spyder build a few years ago. It would look awesome on your build, as it fits in well with your aged fork parts, and color scheme.

Get the Duplicolor Adhesion Promoter to put on right over the factory chrome, no sanding because that will scratch the chrome. That will greatly help the Metalcast to adhere to the slippery new chrome.

adhesion promoter.jpg

smoke chrome.jpg

And the RaTsberry...

RaTsberry final 3.jpg
RaTsberry BuffeT.jpg

I did all the chrome parts, and even the plastic shifter housing on this build. Here's a close up of the fender and brake caliper with the Metalcast Smoke. Tell your wife it has that 'rich, deep color' she recommended.

RaTsberry double brake caliper.jpg

Gunmetal paint for-the-win! And that burgundy is a perfect complimentary color. The creme tires really add that 'era perfect' look.

To me, the chrome fenders are too bright, with all the other subtle beauty on this, beauty. But you have the perfect color palette to 'smoke' the chrome! I used the Duplicolor Metalcast Smoke chrome on my RaTsberry BuffeT spyder build a few years ago. It would look awesome on your build, as it fits in well with your aged fork parts, and color scheme.

Get the Duplicolor Adhesion Promoter to put on right over the factory chrome, no sanding because that will scratch the chrome. That will greatly help the Metalcast to adhere to the slippery new chrome.

View attachment 232664

View attachment 232663

And the RaTsberry...

View attachment 232665View attachment 232667

I did all the chrome parts, and even the plastic shifter housing on this build. Here's a close up of the fender and brake caliper with the Metalcast Smoke. Tell your wife it has that 'rich, deep color' she recommended.

View attachment 232666
You were reading my mind she said they had to go to

Latest posts

Back