Question about a dropstand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just ordered a dropstand for my ride. It is a new one that is spring loaded. Stupid question but the stand goes on the inside of the frame correct?
Thanks

outside and be prepared to do some hand fitting but it is worth it

outside? so between the frame and the rear wheel bolts? does not seem all that safe since the wheel is not "directly" bolted to the frame.

mine has some dumb tabs on it so it will not sit flush against the outside of the frame, grind em off. This is what you meant with hand fitting? :lol:

Just wanted to ad this for anyone that finds this post in a search. The stand fit with some minor grinding......the stand itself is really heavy duty, could likely hold up a moped. It came from bike world usa, pretty impressive quality given its chinese origin. :lol: cheers.

Yep,its a great stand for the price. That being said you will probably need to do some grinding on the tabs to make it fit.It is set up to go on the outside of the dropouts.Here are a couple of pics of one on Hellbilly.
rrbofinalpics005-1.jpg

rrbofinalpics007-2.jpg

Back